It felt so good to be rebounding this morning! It has been 3 weeks (or longer) since I last bounced on my rebounder. My bronchitis is getting a lot better. I still have to take cough medicine to avoid night time coughing fits and occasional cough drops during the day but I am definitely doing a lot better. So this morning I did Naomi Joy‘s newest cardio workout: 25 Min HIIT Cardio Rebounder Workout. This is another excellent and fun rebounder workout. It is set outdoors with water and the cityscape behind her. The color is bright and vibrant. Peopler are also going about their business up and down the stairs behind her. I found this to be intense but not super intense or advanced, more intermediate level. I burned 248 calories and spent a total of 6 minutes in my peak heart rate zone. And it was tons of fun. There are only 2 squat jump variations and I expected them to kill me after not doing a rebounder squat jump for 3 weeks but they didn’t. I finished it off with Naomi’s 30 minute Full Body Stretch Session, which I really needed. I also haven’t done a long, deep stretch in 3 weeks and it felt so good!
This workout is done interval fashion: 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the upper left hand side of the screen, counting down the total workout time. There is another timer at the bottom left hand side of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. As the title indicates, you follow along with Naomi. She previews the next move during the recovery. There is no talking until the stretch at the end; just follow along with Naomi as she rebounds to great, motivating music. The stretch at the end is done voice over.
25 Min HIIT Cardio Rebounder Workout is 29:03 minutes; 40 second intro, 2:15 minute warm up and 2:30 minute stretch.
- Scissor run, reach arms overhead and pull them down
- Squat jack the legs
- Double hop hip twists, arms are raised to shoulder level, elbows bend in opposition to hips
- Double hopping knee raise, hands are stacked, reach arms/hands overhead and pull hands down to knee when it raises
- Double side knee raises (legs are wide, raise knees out to side 2x each leg, alternate legs), arms reach overhead, pull one elbow down to same side thigh when knee raises
- High knee run with large arm circles
- Squat jumps w/ single arm front punch when jumping, 2 punches same arm, alternate arms
- Single knee hopping knee raise, reach arms overhead then chop hands down across body to thigh when leg/knee raises
- Repeat #8 on other side of body
- Jack the legs, arms punch overhead then pull down in time with legs
- High knee run with alternating front punches
- Hop tap one leg out to side then back in, punch arms in front of you then pull arms back to sides in time with legs
- Repeat #12 on other side of body
- High knee front kick runs, arms open out to sides to overhead and back down
- Basic bounce w/ speed bag arms (arms alternate high and low)
- High knee run, hands are stacked, tap stacked hands to thigh when it raises
- Alternating hamstring curls, arms are elevated to shoulder level, reach arms in front of you then pull elbows behind you
- Alternating side kicks, punch arms overhead in time with kicks
- High knee run, alternate punching arms overhead
- Lateral hops, keeping arms straight, raise and lower arms in front of you in time with hops
- High knee run, fingertips tap together under thighs
- High knee front kick runs, arms are raised overhead and wave side to side in time with legs
- High knee run
For more info on Naomi Joy and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
2 thoughts on “Naomi Joy Fitness: 25 Min HIIT Cardio Rebounder Workout (Follow Along)”
Hey there! I’ve had problems posting the last few days. My keyboard wouldn’t pop up when I tried to type! 🤨 It looked like my comment would post yesterday but not sure that it did. In any case, I’m glad you are feeling better! You must have been going through rebounder with drawl … ☺️
That is so weird! I did get your comment–it shows up on my dashboards comments page but it is not showing up on the post’s page. I don’t know what is going on with it. But this posted normally so that’s good!
I was going through rebounder withdraw! My endurance appears to be back which is good–I was really struggling with some of Heather’s workouts the past two weeks.