No Repeats Workout: Full Body Strength & Cardio is Day 40 in Heather Robertson‘s 12 Week Program. This is another intense metabolic total body strength workout. As the title indicates, no exercise is repeated, which helps keep this workout interesting. If you have made it to day 40 of this program, you will recognize every single exercise performed, so not having to do them multiple times in the same workout is a blessing. Especially Carry Lunges! This is also a cardio + strength workout; cardio exercises are alternated with strength exercises throughout, though not in any set pattern. Since this workout is just under 44 minutes, I used Heather’s Standing Abs Workout // With Weights as a finisher. Between the two workouts I burned 450 calories! So lots of cardio with my strength work.
No Repeats Workout: Full Body Strength & Cardio is 43:47 minutes; 4 minute warm up and 5:30 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and fitness mat. Heather is using 5, 10, 15 and 25 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used. The exercises are all done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise. Heather shows a low impact versions of the exercises that have impact.
- Push press (hold DBs at shoulders, squat and when you stand do an overhead press) (16.5# DBs)
- Goblet squat (one 40# DB)
- Jump squat
- Side lunge & raise (stationary alternating side lunges with one straight arm side raise when changing sides) (8# DBs)
- Flying frog (jump squat, when in squat tap fingers to mat between legs, when you jump alternate extending arms out to sides in a T with raising both arms overhead)
- Cross punch (alternate arms) (5# DBs)
- Carry lunges (hold one DB in both hands, arms are extended overhead, do 2 walking lunges the length of your mat then turn around and repeat) (one 15# DB)
- Lunge tap & press (alternating forward leaning reverse lunges, torso hinges forward over front leg while in lunge, DBs tap the floor on either side of foot, when you stand between sides, do one overhead press) (10# DBs)
- Pop lunges (hop back into reverse lunge then hop feet together, alternate sides when lunging)
- Squat & curl (stand with legs wide and a DB in each hand, lower into squat and hold, do one double arm hammer curl then stand) (15# DBs)
- Hi-lo swing (hold one DB in both hands, squat while swinging DB between legs to forehead level (arms are straight), stand and swing DB overhead) (one 16.5# DB)
- Hip twister (squat jump, at top of jump twist hips to one side, alternate sides, hands are held together in front of chest with elbows raised to shoulder level)
- Overhead tricep press (French press) (one 25# DB)
- Tricep kickbacks (hinge torso forward, double arm tricep kickbacks) (13# DBs)
- Crab dance (in crab, raise one leg to ceiling while reaching for toe with opposite hand, alternate sides)
- Heel clicks (squat jump, at top of jump click heels together)
- 30 second rest
- Triple press shoulders (stand with DBs at shoulder, push one DB overhead, push other DB overhead, lower both DBs at the same time) (15# DBs)
- Pike push up combo (alternate one regular push up with one pike push up)
- Shadow box (alternating weighted front punches) (5# DBs)
- Side lunges (do alternating side lunges while holding one DB goblet style) (one 30# DB)
- Stand ups (start in high kneeling on mat with DBs at shoulders, step forward into kneeling lunge with one foot, step the other foot forward so you are in squat, straighten/stand, then lower back into squat and step one foot back into kneeling lunge then step other foot back so you are back in starting position of high kneeling, alternate lead leg) (15# DBs)
- Station sprints (high runs forward and backward the length of your mat)
- Narrow & wide row (bent over double arm rows, alternate one narrow row (arms close to sides) with one wide row (elbows away from the body)) (16.5# DBs)
- Plank row & press (in straight arm plank, do one renegade row each arm, jump feet to hands, stand and do an overhead press) (18# DBs)
- Knees & toes (2 high knee runs + 2 insole tap hops)
- Chest press (lay on mat with knees bent and close to glutes, raise hips into bridge and hold isometrically while doing doing chest press) (20# DBs)
- Plank tap & jack (plank jack the legs while tapping one hand to opposite shoulder, alternate arms)
- Traveling push up (do one push up then walk hands out to side of body and do one push up, walk hands back to start and do one push up, repeat this series walking hands out to other side of body)
- Deadlift & lunge (one deadlift + one reverse lunge, alternate legs when lunging) (18# DBs)
- Curtsy & squat (hold one DB goblet style, alternating curtsy lunges w/ one squat between each lunge) (one 30# DB)
- Hold squat (hold chair pose isometrically the entire interval)
- Squat & hop (hold one DB on both hands by end/bell, squat and place DB on floor, release DB and jump, land in squat, grasp DB again and stand) (one 40# DB)
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
2 thoughts on “NO REPEATS Workout: Full Body Strength & Cardio // Day 40 HR12WEEK 2.0”
Happy Memorial Day to you!
Today I did a H2.0 workout as well! I did Day 33 back and arms. Because I’m still nursing a sore right lat (🤨🤬) and my right elbow is stubbornly cranky, I lifted lighter than I normally would have. I still got a really good workout, though, which makes me happy! I finished with one of sarabeth’s full body flexibility routines (https://youtu.be/GGJzZx4H2K4). The stretch shown in the thumbnail felt sooooo good through the whole side of my body!
My PLAN this week is to continue working back through Heather’s H2.0 workouts but then I saw that Caroline has started posting her new Fuel workouts … I’m going to try to resist diving into those to give my back/elbow more time to heal.
Have a great day!
That is my plan as well. I have 8 more of Heather’s workouts scheduled. I also have all of Caroline’s Iron series scheduled, so it will be a while before I get to her fuel series.
It’s probably a good idea to modify things so your elbow can heal before you start more of Caroline’s workouts.