I am always excited when Naomi Joy uploads a new rebounder workout, but even more so these days because they are so few and far between. So I scrapped the rebounder workout I had planned for this morning and substituted it with Naomi’s 20 Min Rebounder HIIT Cardio Workout. And I loved it! It is an intense and fun cardio workout. The workout was filmed in Squamish, British Columbia, Canada. As you can see from the image associated with this review, Naomi’s rebounder is set on a rocky beach with beautiful forested mountains behind her. Though the workout is intense, Naomi cools you down and gives you one of her wonderful, relaxing and deep stretches at the end. Another awesome cardio rebounder workout from Naomi!
This workout is done interval fashion: 30 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the upper right corner of the screen, counting down the total workout time (not including the stretch at the end). There is another timer in the lower left corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery Naomi previews the next move. This workout is set to motivating music, no talking until the stretch at the end and that is done voice over.
20 Min Rebounder HIIT Cardio Workout is 27:08 minutes; 2:30 minute warm up a 4:30 minute stretch.
- One squat jump, when you come out of the squat jump do a hopping hip twist to one side, alternate sides with a squat jump between each side
- High knee run, fingertips tap together under thigh when it raises
- Repeat #1 & 2
- Lateral hops, arms reach overhead and pull down to sides in time with jumps (arms remain straight)
- Double knee raises, alternate sides, hands are behind head, bring opposite elbow to knee when it raises
- Repeat #4 & 5
- Star jumps (jump, opening straight legs wide and pushing arms overhead in a V, so body is in the shape of a star or X)
- Fast feet, bring arms forward them pull them back to a quick tempo keeping arms close to sides
- Repeat #7 & 8
- Alternating high front kicks with jumping jack arms
- Hopping hip twists, arms are raised to shoulder level, elbows bend in opposition to hips
- Repeat #10 & 11
- Squat jumps, hands are together in prayer while in squat, push one arm overhead when jumping, alternate arms
- Alternating hopping hamstring curls, arms are raised to shoulder level with palms facing in front of you, bring arms together in front of chest then open arms to sides
- Repeat #13 & 14
- Alternating front kicks with alternating single arm punches (punch opposite arm when leg kicks)
- Alternating hopping insole taps
- Repeat #16 & 17
- Jack the legs, arms alternate punching on front of you with punching them overhead
- High knee sprint
- Repeat #19 & 20
- (no more intervals–cool down moves) Hip shift hop side to side
- Alternating wide hopping heel digs, large arm/shoulder circles
- Stand on rebounder, arms extended to sides in a T, twist torso side to side
- With fingers clasped, reach arms overhead to stretch
- Clasp fingers behind back and lift arms
For more info on Naomi Joy and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.