Abs & Booty Workout is a short but tough workout from Heather Robertson. I always expect workouts like these to be easier than they are. The first circuit focuses on the abs and is all body weight, and the second circuit focuses on the lower body and uses a cloth elastic booty band/resistance loop. I used my heaviest booty band for this workout and I was feeling it! In fact, my glutes were protesting during the first part of the stretch! For such a short stretch, Heather does a good job stretching out your lower body muscles. The first stretch is a lying figure 4 and after just finishing the Bridge & Pulse, my glutes were so tight! I used this as an add on after doing one of Heather’s upper body workouts, so between the two workouts, my entire body was nicely worked this morning.
The exercises are all done interval style: 30 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews your next exercise.
Abs & Booty Workout is 21:49 minutes; 40 second intro, no warm up and 2:30 minute stretch. Equipment: resistance loop/booty band and a fitness mat.
- Toe touch & twist (lay on back, one leg is bent with foot on floor, both hands are behind head, bring other knee into chest while also bringing opposite elbow to knee, push leg out straight then lift straight leg to ceiling while reaching opposite hand to toe, alternate these two moves)
- Side bridge (in side elbow plank with top arm extended to ceiling, raise and lower hips)
- Plank kick & crunch (in straight arm plank, lift one leg off floor, push back into 3 leg down dog reaching foot to ceiling, return to plank bringing knee to same side elbow outside of body, flow between these two exercises)
- Repeat #1-3 on other side of body
- Mountain climbers
- Repeat #1-5
30 second rest (place booty band around thighs, just above knees)
- Side steps (lower into partial squat and hold, lateral walk the length of your mat and back)
- Squat pulse (lower into squat, pulse 2x then stand, raising onto toes)
- Squat abduction (lower into squat and hold, push knees open wider against band)
- Prone kick ups (lay on stomach with arms crossed and forehead resting on hands, legs are open so there is tension on the band, raise and lower straight legs)
- Heel squeeze (same starting position as #4, bent knees to 90 degrees and press heels together, raise thighs off mat and hold)
- Glute bridge (lay on back, knees bent and feet on mat close to glutes, raise hips in bridge then lower)
- Bridge & pulse (same position as #6, keep hips raised at top of bridge entire interval, open and close knees)
- Repeat #1-7
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.