This is a workout from Caroline Girvan‘s CGX app. For more info on Caroline’s App, see the CGX App page. Wow! What a great finisher/add on workout to completely fry your biceps! I added it on to the end of CGX: Back Workout and my biceps are fried. This is an excellent way to finish off any upper body strength workout. The timers are all straight forward for all of the exercises except for #8 below–that interval got weird. I have no clue what was going on with the timer and I am even wondering if maybe we did that exercise a little longer than 30 seconds but I am not positive. Either way my biceps are pumped after this workout!
The exercises in this workout are done interval style: 30 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the upper right hand side of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery Caroline previews the next exercise. There is also a little bar at the bottom of the screen that counts down the entire workout time as a percentage.
Bicep Curls is 12:57 minutes (this time does not include the optional 5:53 minute warm up) with a 1 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells. Caroline is using 7.5kg/16.5 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Palms up bicep curls (20# DBs)
- Hammer curls (20# DBs)
- Wide bicep curls (keep elbows close to sides) (18# DBs)
- Cross body curls (start with DBs at sides, curl DBs hammer curl style but keep palms facing body, bringing DBs together in front of you) (20# DBs)
- Palm up hold (x1 curl on beep) (raise DBs halfway w/ palms facing ceiling and hold isometrically until you hear a beep (every 10 seconds) then raise DBs to top of curl, lower them to bottom of curl then raise them halfway and hold again until next beep) (18# DBs)
- Hammer hold (x1 curl on beep) (repeat #5 but with hammer curls) (18# DBs)
- Wide hold (x1 curl on beep) (repeat #5 but with wide bicep curls) (16.5# DBs)
- Cross body hold (x1 curl on beep) (hold DBs together in front of body isometrically until you hear a beep (every 10 seconds) then lower DBs to side and raise to top of cross body curl, lower DBs until they are together in front of body again and hold until next beep) (18# DBs)
- Alternating palms up bicep curl (20# DBs)
- Alternating hammer curls (20# DBs)
- Alternating wide curls (16.5# DBs)
- Alternating cross body curls (18# DBs)
Finisher:(60 seconds with no rest/recoveries)
- Raise DBs halfway w/ palms facing ceiling and hold isometrically while doing small pulses for 10 seconds, do one bicep curl and return to pulsing for 7 seconds then do another full bicep curl then return to pulsing until interval is over (16.5# DBs)
- Repeat #1 holding one DB in both hands (one 20# DB)