Low Impact HIIT Workout With Weights // No Jumping is great little total body workout from Heather Robertson. Though it is in the title, I wouldn’t call this a HIIT workout–its not quite that intense–but it is very metabolic. Heather manages to hit every muscle group in your body in just 20 minutes, too. So if you’re short on time, you can get a total body workout that gets your heart rate elevated. I used this as a doubles workout today and finished it off with Heather’s Quick Daily Stretching Routine.
This workout is done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals. During the recovery, a rectangle appears in the upper right hand corner, previewing the next exercise.
Low Impact HIIT Workout With Weights // No Jumping is 21 minutes; 45 second intro, no warm up or stretch. Equipment: dumbbells (Heather is using 5 and 10 pound dumbbells). The weights listed below are what I used.
- Squat + Punch (squat and do one punch at top, alternate sides) (5# DBs)
- T Push Up (do one tricep push up then rotate into side plank, reaching top arm/DB to ceiling, alternate sides with a push up between) (8# DBs)
- Star Steps (narrow squat, reaching DBs down toward ankles then stand and step one foot out to side while raising both arms overhead jumping jack-style, alternate sides with a narrow squat between each side) (5# DBs)
- Russian Twist (one 8# DB)
- Plank Row + Toe Tap (renegade row each arm + tap each toe out to side) (15# DBs)
- Step Press (holding one DB in both hands, step out to side while pushing DB overhead, alternate sides) (one 10# DB)
- Lunge + Curl (alternating reverse lunges with hammer curls) (10# DBs)
- Bridge Chest Press (lay on back with knees bent and feet on floor, raise hips, do a chest press and lower hips) (15# DBs)
- Squat Curl Press (squat + hammer curl into overhead press) (10# DBs)
- Mountain Climbers
- Repeat #1-10