Cardio + Strength+ Balance Focus is a rebounder workout from AngieFitnessTV. Angie says this workout focuses on cardio, balance, core and lower body. This workout is made up of one circuit that has 8 exercises. You will repeat the circuit once and when you repeat it, any exercise done on one side of body is done on the other side of the body. Each exercise is done for one minute. The structure is cardio + strength and Angie alternates the cardio exercises with the strength/balance/core exercises. Angie gives modifications for most of the exercises.
This is one of Angie’s earlier rebounder workouts in which she is using her small spring rebounder. I used this workout this morning to finish off one of Angie’s other workouts: Cardio HIIT + Total Body Sculpt, which is much more intense. Angie is using her larger bungee rebounder in that workout. Overall, I could tell a big difference in the quality of the workouts. This is a good workout and a good finisher but it is nowhere near as good as her later rebounder workouts. I am sure the actual rebounder being used has nothing to do with the quality. Angie has just gotten much better at putting together solid rebounder workouts. The only way I can tell it is an earlier workout (other than the YouTube date stamp) is because she talks about upgrading to a bungee rebounder one day when using the spring rebounder. Regardless, this workout gave me some good cardio and worked my lower body and core. Plus it really is great to use as a finisher to longer, more intense workouts. This one was lower in intensity than Cardio HIIT + Total Body Sculpt, which really wore me out so I welcomed taking it down a notch with this workout.
Cardio + Strength + Balance Focus is 22:41 minutes; 3 minute warm up and 3 minute stretch.
- Jump on rebounder
- With one leg on rebounder and one on floor, squat then do a knee raise (raising the knee of the floor leg), when squatting, reaching fingertips to the floor, and when raising knee, raise arms overhead
- Jumping jacks
- Balance on one leg, knee raised in front of you and arms extended out to sides in a T, open knee out to side then bring it back to front; changes to extending leg out straight in front of you then bending the knee; combine the two moves–open knee out to side, return to front then straighten the leg
- Jog on rebounder
- Balance on one leg and do a single leg hamstring curl, kicking heel to glute
- Squat jumps (she calls them squat jumps but she isn’t squatting; it looks more like she is trying to do tuck jumps)
- Lay on rebounder and do full crunches, hands are behind head, feet are raised off floor, bring elbows to knees then extend legs (Angie gives several different variations of the exercise that you can do)
- Repeat #1
- Repeat #2 on other leg
- Repeat #3
- Repeat #4 on other leg but this time you go straight into the final version of the move
- Repeat #5
- Repeat #6 on other leg
- Repeat #7
- Lay on rebounder and do bicycle crunches