Heather Robertson created a cardio kickboxing workout! I was super excited when I saw this. This is different from her other workouts–and yet it has the same Heather Robertson flare. I loved it! It was not the most challenging kickboxing workout I’ve ever done but I did enjoy it and I got a great little cardio workout. Heather is using light hand weights for this workout. I used 2 pound hand weights and I think that went a long way to increasing the intensity.
This workout is done interval style. Each exercise is done for 30 seconds followed by 10 seconds of recovery. Heather previews the next move during the recovery. This workout is all music, no talking, and, as usual, the music is very motivating. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down the intervals and recoveries.
Cardio Kickboxing Workout is 29:28 minutes; 3 minute warm up and 3 minute stretch. Equipment: light hand weights or weighted gloves.
- 2 front jabs + side kick
- Repeat #1 on other side of body
- Boxer squat (squat + cross punch when you stand, alternate sides with a squat between each punch)
- Jog in place with speed bag arms
- Lunge, jab & kick (reverse lunge, do 2 front punches while in lunge then do a front kick)
- Repeat #5 on other side of body
- Boxer jacks (jack legs with alternating front punches)
- Hook + upper cut + knee drive
- Repeat # 8 on other side of body
- Duck and weave (cross punch to side when weaving, sink low when weaving)
- Squat & kick (alternate legs when kicking, squat between each kick, arms are in guard when squatting)
- Drive twist and punch (single arm cross punch + knee pull)
- Repeat #12 on other side of body
- Boxer crunch (sit up with 2 cross punches at top of sit up)
- Shadow box (fast alternating front punches)
- Weighted jacks (jumping jacks, punching arms overhead)
- Boxer burpee (burpee with 2 front jabs when standing)
- 30 second recovery
- Repeat #1-17