Another super fun cardio kickboxing workout from Heather Robertson! This is her second one. Her first is Cardio Kickboxing Workout which is also a lot of fun. This workout is similar but has different moves. Pair Cardio Kickboxing // Fat Burning Workout with Cardio Kickboxing Workout for an hour of cardio kickboxing Heather Robertson style. I thoroughly enjoyed this workout. It wasn’t super intense but I did get in a solid cardio workout. I wore weighted gloves so my upper body got some conditioning with the punches and my lower body got some conditioning with the kicks. An excellent little workout!
This workout is done interval style: each exercise is done for 40 seconds followed by 10 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery, Heather previews the next exercise.
Cardio Kickboxing // Fat Burning Workout is 27:45 minutes; 3 minute warm up and 3 minute stretch. Equipment: light hand weights or weighted gloves. I wore one pound weighted gloves. I also had a chair nearby since a few of the moves require balance. Even Heather was losing her balance!
- Lunge jab & drive (reverse lunge into a front kick, do a single arm front punch while in lunge)
- Repeat #1 on other side of body
- Jack combo (you are jacking legs throughout, but the arm cycles between 3 different moves: front punch with each arm + punch both arms overhead + bent arm side raise both arms)
- Squat & kick (squat + one front kick, alternate legs with a squat between each kick, arms are held in guard the entire time)
- Cross punch jack (cross punch one arm then the other + one jumping jack with double arm overhead punch)
- Curtsy & kick (one rear curtsy/cross-back lunge into a side kick, hands remain in guard the entire time)
- Repeat # 6 on other side of body
- High knee twister (high knee run, hold DBs together and rotate DBs hip to hip as you run)
- V sit & punch (lay on back on mat, bend knees with feet elevated off ground while also raising torso, cross punch each arm then lower torso and straighten legs but keep legs elevated a few inches off ground and do not lower head/shoulders far enough to touch mat)
- Low boxer (lower into partial squat and do fast alternating front punches)
- Side lunge weave (stand with legs wide, do alternating stationary side lunges, hold DBs together at chest level and as you change sides, lower/dip upper body so you are tracing a U with your upper body)
- Criss cross jacks (cross jack the feet, arms are raised to shoulder level with elbows bent, punch-cross arms in front of you then pull elbows back behind you as you jack)
- 30 seconds rest
- Repeat #1-12