Lean & Toned // Full Body Strength Workout // Supersets is a tough total body strength workout that really creeps up on you. This workout is comprised of 6 supersets. Each superset is repeated 3 times. The exercises are done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest. The first time through the superset isn’t too difficult, but with only 10 seconds of rest between sets/intervals and repeating each superset 3 times–the burnout starts! Especially if you are challenging yourself with your dumbbell weights. The graph on my FitBit shows the creep, too. I start low in my fat burn zone, climbed into my cardio zone and by the end I even jumped into my peak heart rate zone a few times. I do think I could have lifted heavier on some of the exercises, but due to the number of sets and short recoveries, I didn’t. But I will the next time I return to this workout. Another excellent total body workout from Heather Robertson! She has so many. It really is hard to keep track, even with this blog, but stay tuned. I have quite a few more of her new-to-me workouts scheduled over the next few weeks then I plan to put together a rotation of some the best of Heather Robertson workouts.
Lean & Toned // Full Body Strength Workout // Supersets is 39:43 minutes; 4:30 minute warm up and 3:30 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and fitness mat. Heather is using a set of 10 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- In & out curls (alternate wide bicep curls with traditional bicep curls) (12# DBs; I will increase my weight in the future)
- Push ups
- Repeat #1 & 2 two more times
- Alternating reverse lunges (15# DBs)
- Single leg deadlift, alternate legs (15# DBs)
- Repeat #4 & 5 two more times
- Bent over row (20# DBs; I will increase my weight in the future)
- Push press (squat holding DBs at shoulders, do an overhead press when standing) (12# DBs; I will increase my weight in the future)
- Repeat #7 & 8 two more times
- 30 second rest
- Side lunge & press (stand with legs wide, holding one DB in both hands, do alternating stationary side lunges, between each lunge do one overhead press) (one 20# DBs)
- Sumo squat & row (at top of squat do an upright row) (10# DBs)
- Repeat #11 & 12 two more times
- Alternating tricep kickbacks (10# DBs; I will increase my weight in the future)
- Boxer squat (squat with one cross punch when standing, alternate sides) (5# DBs)
- Repeat #14 & 15 two more times
- Plank reach (hold elbow plank and alternate reaching one arm in front of you)
- Burpee jacks (plank burpee (no push) with one jumping jack at top of burpee)
- Repeat #17 & 18 two more times
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.