Inner + Outer Thigh Toning Workout is very nice lower body strength workout. It is one of Heather Robertson‘s easier workouts, but she still works your lower body nicely. Due to the length I combined it with one of Heather’s upper body workouts: Sculpted Upper Body // Dynamic + Isometric Workout, which was brutal. I was very happy to not only finish my workout with something easier, but to also not have to hold anymore dumbbells. This is a body weight workout. I did wear 2 pound ankle weights to increase the burn a little. This workout is done interval style: each exercise is done for 30 seconds followed by 10 seconds of recovery. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise. Unlike most of Heather’s other workouts, there are no timers! It was very disorienting for me. I very much missed the timers. I like to know when the exercise will end, but more importantly, I like to keep track of my recovery time. Do I have time for a drink of water? Or do I need to immediately get into place for the next exercise? 10 seconds is not a long time so the visual of the timer is helpful to me. The workout still has the little dings and beeps to prompt you but I missed the timers!
Inner + Outer Thigh Toning Workout is 21:14 minutes; 2 minute warm up and 1:20 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. Optional: ankle weights and a chair for balance.
- Kick combo (straight leg lift to the front then to the side)
- Repeat #1 on other leg
- Sumo squat
- Sumo pulses (hold at bottom of sumo squat and pulse deeper)
- Ninja lunge (with legs wide, lower into deep squat then shift side to side into side lunges, staying low and deep the entire time)
- Inner leg lift (lay on side, on one hip and bottom elbow, bottom leg is straight and top leg is bent with foot on floor in front of bottom leg, raise and lower bottom straight leg)
- Leg lift & tap (still laying on side, on on hip and bottom elbow, both legs are extended straight, raise top leg and hold isometrically, raise bottom leg to meet top leg, lower bottom leg then lower top leg)
- Repeat #6 & 7 on other side of body
- Clam shell raise (lay on back, knees bent with legs and feet together, feet start on floor, raise bent legs then open and close knees keeping insoles together, lower legs)
- Laying V split (still laying on back, raise straight legs to ceiling, open straight legs into a V then close them)
- In & out squats (step out squats, alternate sides)
- Repeat #1-11