HIIT Cardio + Core // No Repeats, No Equipment Workout is another finisher workout from Heather Robertson to give you a burst of cardio and some core work. This short cardio + core workout is fast, fun and does a great job rounding out your workout. It has no warm up so it flows nicely from whatever workout you just finished then at the end, Heather gives you a nice lower body stretch.
HIIT Cardio + Core // No Repeats, No Equipment Workout is 14:28 minutes; no warm up and 2 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. The exercises are all done interval style: 30 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
- Jumping jacks
- Prayer crunch (same as basic crunch but arms are extended to ceiling with palms together)
- Butt kick run
- Knee tuck & kick out (lay on back with arms on mat at sides, do one reverse crunch then push legs out straight in line with hips)
- Spot sprint (sprint in place)
- Fast feet
- Elbow plank hold
- Ghost rope (hop side to side with jump rope arms)
- Shadow boxing (alternating front punches)
- Oblique crunch (lay on mat with one leg bent and foot on floor, other ankle is crossed over knee, hands are behind head, crunch upper body bringing elbow to opposite crossed knee)
- Repeat #10 on other side of body
- Speed skater (lateral skaters)
- High knee run
- Basic crunch (lay on back, knees bent and feet on floor, hands behind head)
- Bicycle crunch
- Broad jump shuffle (jump forward the length of your mat then shuffle backwards back to start)
- Burpees (full burpee with push up when in plank and jump when standing)
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “HIIT Cardio + Core // No Repeats, No Equipment Workout”