Inner/Outer Thighs + Booty Workout is short but tough lower body workout from Heather Robertson. The standing exercises actually weren’t too bad but when Heather takes you down to the mat, that’s when the burn started. I was making all kinds of pain noises. Since this is so short it is perfect to use as an add on/finisher workout, or pair it with another workout like I did. I paired it with Heather’s new 15 Min Booty Workout and between the two of them, my lower body is feeling weak from the burn. This workout is body weight strength but then you add ankle weights for 15 Min Booty Burn. The two workouts actually work very well together if you want a 39 minute lower body workout. You could actually wear ankle weights for both workouts are really fry your bum.
Inner/Outer Thighs + Booty Workout is 20:44 minutes; 2 minute warm up and 2:30 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. The exercises are all done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
- Sumo squat (extend arms straight in front of you when in squat)
- Sumo pulse (hold isometrically at bottom of squat and pulse)
- Side lunge
- Side lunge pulse (hold at bottom of side lunge isometrically and pulse)
- Repeat #3 & 4 on other side of body
- In & out hops (squat jack the legs–narrow squat then jump out to sumo squat)
- Side lift (in modified elbow side plank (on one elbow and one knee), top arm is extended to ceiling, raise and lower top straight leg)
- Side pulse (same position as #7 but keep top leg raised isometrically and pulse upward)
- Clam shell bridge (in same position as #7 but top leg is bent and stacked on top of bent bottom leg, raise hips and hold, open top knee, close legs and lower hips to floor)
- Clam shell (lay on side, both legs are bent and you are resting on one hip, keeping insoles of feet together, raise feet and open and close knees–keeping feet raised entire interval)
- Butterfly bridge (lay on back, knees bent and open, soles of feet together, arms extended to ceiling, raise and lower hips in bridge)
- Bridge pulse (same position as #11 but keep hips raised isometrically, open and close knees in this position)
- Repeat #7-10 on other side of body
- Power jack (sumo squat jack–traditional jumping jack but land in sumo squat when legs are wide)