Fat Burning HIIT Cardio Workout // No Equipment is an intense cardio workout from Heather Robertson. It didn’t seem worthy of the title HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) at first, but the intensity builds and by the second circuit I was definitely working hard. According to my FitBit I burned 277 calories and spent a total of 13 minutes in my peak heart rate zone. The graph showed many spikes into the red zone so I was definitely HIITing it! I really enjoyed the longer than usual stretch at the end.
This workout contains 2 circuits of 8 exercises. Each circuit is done twice. The exercises are all done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
Fat Burning HIIT Cardio Workout // No Equipment is 35:30 minutes; 3 minute warm up and 5 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat.
- Squat & kick (squat + front kick, reaching for opposite toe when kicking, alternate legs when kicking)
- High knees & butt kicks (4 high knee runs + 4 butt kick runs)
- Jumping jacks
- Boxer shuffle (3 scissor runs + 3 alternating front punches)
- Speed skater (lateral skaters, reach one hand to floor when in cross-back lunge)
- Ghost rope (simulate jumping rope with jump rope arms)
- Mountain climbers
- Burpee jacks (one jumping jack when standing then place hands on floor and jump legs out into a wide leg plank, jump feet back into hands)
- Repeat #1-8
25 second rest
- Toe taps (with hands behind head, alternate hop-tapping toes in front of you)
- Cross over jacks (do one jumping jack, landing with feet wide, forward fold reaching one hand to opposite foot, other arm reaches for ceiling, alternate sides with a jack between each side)
- Broad jumps (jump the length of your mat, 180 hop to face the opposite direction and jump the length of the mat back to start)
- Speed bag (butt kick run in plate while doing high speed bag arms)
- Up & out jacks (one jumping jack + jack the legs while reaching both arms from in front of you to overhead with hands stacked)
- Spot sprint (high knee sprint in place)
- Push back push ups (do one push up then push glutes back to heels, keeping knees elevated off mat)
- Shuffle & hop (lateral shuffle the length of the mat + one hop reaching arms overhead)
- Repeat 1-8
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.