10 Minute Squat Challenge is fun little lower body finisher workout from Heather Robertson. As the title indicates you get 10 minutes of non-stop squat variations. I used this as a finisher this morning after another tough (and longer) lower body workout (Naomi Joy‘s Lower Body Workout at Home) and this did a great job finishing off my lower body. It was a lot of fun, too. The workout is done interval style. Each exercise is done for 30 seconds with no rest/recoveries. Though you are moving practically non-stop, 30 seconds isn’t that long to do a body weight exercise so the time goes by fast. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals. When there is 10 seconds left of an exercise, a little video appears in the upper right hand corner of the screen previewing the next exercise.
10 Minute Squat Challenge is 13:15 seconds; 30 second intro, no warm up and 1:30 minute stretch. Equipment: a fitness mat for the stretch. Heather suggests adding dumbbells or a booty band if you need more resistance.
- Basic squats
- Sumo squats
- Squat & twist (with hands behind head, squat and when you stand, raise one knee bringing opposite elbow to knee, alternate sides)
- In & out squats (step out squats: one narrow squat + step out into a wider squat + one narrow squat + step out to wider squat on other side)
- Squat & kick (one squat + one front kick, alternate legs when kicking)
- Squat & lunge (one squat + one reverse lunge, alternate legs when lunging)
- Leap frog (stand with legs wide, squat and tap fingers on floor, when you stand, raise onto toes while also raising arms overhead)
- Squat toe taps (lower into squat and hold isometrically, alternate tapping leg out to side)
- Squat hold (hold chair pose isometrically)
- Squat jump & jacks (one squat jump + one jumping jack)
- 30 second rest
- Repeat #1-10
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “🍑 10 Minute Squat Challenge!”