Killer Kickboxing HIIT Workout is a quick and fun cardio workout from Heather Robertson. It’s not hard-core kickboxing, but you do get some kicks and punches. And since it is Heather, she also incorporates some strength work in the form of lunges and squats. This workout is done all standing except for the stretch at the end. This is not a low impact workout. Heather does not offer any modifications for the exercises with impact like she does in her 12 Week Program. Today is my recovery day so I used it to warm myself up before doing a long and deep stretch from Naomi Joy. This is not an intense cardio workout, but I did burn 157 calories in 19 minutes. Not too bad.
Killer Kickboxing HIIT Workout is 19:20 minutes; 2:30 minute warm up and 1:50 minute stretch. Equipment: light hand weights and a fitness mat for the stretch at the end. I used 2 pound hand weights. The exercises are each done for 30 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
- Boxer jack combo (jack the legs, arms do single arm front punch + single arm front punch other arm + double arm jumping jack arms)
- Knee driver (reach arms overhead, do single knee raises pulling DBs down to knee when it raises)
- Repeat #2 on other side of body
- Squat & punch (one squat + one cross punch, alternate arms when punching)
- High knee skip (high knee run, circle DBs at sides like a jump rope)
- Double jab & hop (in split stance, do 2 single arm front punches (same arm), lower into lunge, jump and land in lunge)
- Repeat #6 on other side of body
- Side weave & drive (stand with legs wide, lower into a squat, when you stand you are leaning to one side while doing one single leg knee raise, alternate sides, arms reach overhead and pull DBs down to knee when it raises)
- Lunge hook & kick (lower into lunge with hands in guard, do one single arm hook punch, when you stand do a front kick with back leg)
- Repeat #9 on other side of body
- 30 second rest
- Repeat #1-10
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.