Intense Trampoline Cardio HIIT with Core is a fun rebounder workout from Michelle Briehler. This workout had a different setting than where Michelle usually does her workouts. This one was done in what looked like some sort of warehouse. At the beginning of the workout, words appear at the bottom of the screen that identify it as River House Brewery. This is primarily interval cardio and it gets intense. There are 2 exercises where your feet will be on the floor so you either need to wear shoes or have a soft mat on the floor beside your rebounder. I used a soft mat since I prefer to wear yoga socks when cardio rebounding. At the end Michele gives you 6:30 minutes of intense core work. My core was burning by the end. According to my Apple Watch I burned 313 calories and spent 3:30 minutes in zone 5 of my heart rate.
This workout is done interval style. The cardio the intervals are 45 second of work followed by 15 seconds of rest. For the core work the intervals are 40 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the upper left hand side of the screen, counting down your intervals and recoveries. There is also a bar at the bottom of the screen that counts down the entire workout time as a percentage. There is a joyful cool down bounce at the end of the workout that is not done to any intervals.
Intense Trampoline Cardio HIIT with Core is 37:19 minutes; 50 second intro, 3:20 minute warm up, 6:30 minutes of core and 3 minute stretch.
- 2 cross jacks + 2 hopping hip twists to one side, repeat combo but twist to other side
- 8 happy monkey (wide leg high knee run–legs are wide, knees are turned out to sides, arms are open to sides in goal post, bringing elbow to thigh when it is raises while other arm pushes overhead) + 8 wide leg kicks while opening and closing arms in a T
- 2 wide hops + 2 narrow hops + one front kick each leg
- 3 single leg side kicks + one jump + 3 single leg side kicks, other leg; jump changes to a tuck jump
- 8 hopping hip twists with legs close together + 8 alternating insole taps
- Star jumps (jump while opening legs wide and pushing arms overhead in a V so body forms a star); changes to tuck jumps pushing arms in front of you when jumping
- Lateral ski hops to single-single-double pattern done 2x + ski runs to single-single-double pattern done 2x
- Stand on floor behind rebounder, run/step on then off the rebounder; changes to jumping onto rebounder then stepping backward off it
- Sprint with direction changes
- 8 high knee runs + 4 doubles (still high knee runs but hop 2x on each foot before changing to other foot)
- 50 second rest
- Repeat #1-5
- Repeat #8
- Repeat #6
- Repeat #7
- Repeat #10
30 second water break
Core: (6:30 minutes) (40/10 intervals)
- Sit on rebounder with knees bent and feet on floor, bounce bottom on rebounder mat, keep arms raised
- Bicycle maneuver
- Mountain climbers (hands on rebounder, feet on floor)
- Lay on back on rebounder, arms hold rebounder frame behind head, lower straight legs until they are in line with hips, raise straight legs to ceiling and into a reverse crunch
- Repeat #1-4
- Hopping hip shifts side to side
- Jumping jacks
- Basic bounce
- Repeat #1
For more info on Michelle Brieher’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.