HIIT Fit Circuit is an excellent metabolic strength + HIIT workout. I really enjoyed it. However, from the way Cathe described it at the beginning of the workout, I was expecting there to be more of a strength focus but the strength work is primarily metabolic–using dumbbells to keep the heart rate elevated. Which is good for my purposes! I came to this workout wanting it to be a metabolic/cardio workout. On a side note–I am suffering! I am am currently 2 weeks into an 8 week rotation I created that alternates Ripped with HIIT with Gym Style workouts and I am so @#$%&* sore. My calves feel bruised. No exaggeration. When I touch them they feel tender. And after I’ve been sitting a while (i.e. at work) and stand up, I am limping for a good 100 strides until they warm up. Thank you Gym Style Legs! My chest and triceps are also sore from Gym Style Chest & Triceps and my back was screaming earlier this week from, you guessed it–Gym Style Back, Shoulders & Biceps (I think Mobility RX contributed to that, too). So I beat myself up this week–with a lot of help from Cathe and Mark Lauren!
So, my point is, I was in pain this morning and was not looking to lift heavy, especially since a total body strength workout is slated for tomorrow anyway. So I was glad this didn’t turn into a cardio + strength workout. HIIT Fit Circuit consists of 5 circuits; each circuit starts w/ a plyo HIIT followed by a low impact HIIT followed by metabolic strength work. The workout ends w/ lower body barre work. I pretty much stuck with the weight Cathe used unless she was going super light (IMHO). However, in the future, when I am not in so much pain, I will probably lift heavier on a few of the exercises and that is noted below in the break down. (I am way behind in workout card creation, so I have to record this stuff for future reference!).
Thumbs up–another excellent and intense Cathe Live workout.
HIIT Fit Circuit is 47 minutes long; 5 minute warm up, 29:30 minute of circuits, 9 minute barre and 1:30 minute stretch. Equipment needed: a variety of dumbbells and a chair or barre. It aired live on 10/22/15 and here is a video clip.
- Squats in a box (jump squat in box formation)
- Ice breakers
- Sumo squat to side w/ one DB at shoulder, pivot and do shoulder press, 10# DB
- Pulsing static lunges, one 15# DB
- Grapevine w/ 6 alternating jump lunges
- Long reach lunges
- Explosive side lunges w/ overhead press in middle, one 10# DB
- Squat, kick, squat, reverse lunge
- 3 sets of 10 snow angel jacks
- 3 low impact lateral skaters + one “lift” (jump but toes don’t leave ground)
- Plie squats w/ upright rows, 15# DBs
- Side lunge, curtsy lunge, side lunge, one arm “curl”; one 10# DB (in the future I will use a 12# DB)
- High reaching 180 jump squats, 2 sets of 16 reps
- Line taps (one DB used as a marker)
- Rear lunges w/ bicep curls, 10# DBs (I’ll used 12# DBs in the future)
- Pulsing squats that transition into stepping one foot out (while remaining in squat) 3x then back in; Cathe uses one 8# DB, I used a 15# DB
- Lateral Shoot Burpees (shoot legs to side and alternate sides), 2 sets of 8 reps
- High/low jabs, 32 each side
- Sumo squats w/ one arm overhead tricep extension, 8# DBs
- Forward lunges, partial reps/low ends, Cathe uses 8# DBs, I used 12# DBs
- Raise leg to side and pulse
- Raise and lower leg behind you
- Pulse in low curtsy/cross-back position raised onto toes
- Calf raises
5 thoughts on “Cathe Live: HIIT Fit Circuit”
Sounds like you need some heating pads!! lol. I don’t have GymS Legs, but the UB Gym Style ones surely do the same to me!!
This LIVE w-o looks like a really fun one! Thanks for your review.
You’re welcome! It is another awesome Cathe Live. And all of the Gym Styles tear me up but Legs is the worst. My calves are better today but they are still a little tender and it’s been 5 days since I did it! Crazy!
I did this one recently. It’s my kind of workout. A little of everything. I loved it!!