Quick Fix Total Body Weights is part of Linda Wooldridge‘s Quick Fix Series. It is free on YouTube but you can also purchase it on her Quick Fix Series DVD w/ 3 other workouts (two have already been reviewed here: Total Body Weight and Quick Fix Ballet Box). Linda also has this entire series saved into a YouTube Quick Fix playlist.
The title to this workout is confusing because Linda also has a Quick Fix Total Body Weight which is a bodyweight strength training workout whereas this is a dumbbell total body workout–so she adds an “s” to weight–that’s all that makes the title different. So kind of confusing/misleading.
I loved this workout! LOVED it! Intense total body metabolic strength training crammed into 29 minutes. It was intense and it was awesome! Exactly what I have come to expect from Linda–she creates short but intense and thorough workouts. Then shares them for free. I love this woman! But I also love DVDs and since I’ve now done 3 of the workouts and adore them, I am buying the Quick Fix DVD.
Quick Fix Total Body Weights is 29 minutes long; one minute intro, no warm up and 2 minute stretch. Equipment needed: three sets of dumbbells–light, medium and heavy; Linda is using (2.5kg) 5 pound, (4kg) 8 pound and (5kg) 10 pound dumbbells. The workout is made up of timed intervals: 40 second of work followed by 10 seconds of rest. The weights listed below are the weights I used.
- Deadlift, row, stand and do bent arm side lateral raise (Linda uses 8# DBs; I used 12# DBs)
- Shoulder press w/ palms facing front alternated w/ shoulder press w/ palms facing ears (Linda uses 8# DBs; I used 12# DBs)
- Hammer curl alternated w/ regular curl (Linda used 8# DBs; I used 15# DBs)
- W side press (Hold elbows at waist, rotate arms to side then push arms out to side) (Linda uses 8# DBs; I used 10# DBs)
- Weighted side bends (Linda uses 8# DBs; I used 15# DBs)
- Front raise; alternate palms to floor and palms toward each other (8# DBs)
- Upright row and while elbows raised, open forearms to side, bring forearms back in and pull DBs back toward shoulders (Linda uses 8# DBs; I used 5# DBs)
- Plie pulses w/ upright rows in single, single, double pattern (Linda uses 8# DBs; I used 12# DBs)
- Fast simultaneous bicep curls w/ plie pulses (Linda uses 8# DBs; I used 10# DBs)
- Single leg deadlift (Linda uses 10# DBs; I used 20# DBs)
- Bent over back row in single, single, double pattern (Linda uses 10# DBs; I used 20# DBs)
- Alternating renegade rows (Linda used 10# DBs; I used 20# DBs)
- In straight arm side plank, pull DB from floor to ceiling (10# DBs)
- Russian Twist (one 10# DB)
- Full sit up while holding one DB overhead (10# DB)
- Curtsy lunge to side squat (Linda uses 10# DBs; I used 12# DBs)
- One arm row w/ same side leg raised behind you (balance challenge) (Linda used one 10# DB; I used one 25# DB)
- Torso rotations (core work) holding one DB in both hands (Linda uses one 10# DB; I used one 12# DB)
- Lunge to one side, pivot to other side and do overhead press (Linda uses 10# DBs; I used 12# DBs)
- Straight arm side lateral raises, alternate palms toward floor and palms toward front of body (Linda uses 5# DBs; I used 7# DBs)
- Tricep kickbacks in single, single, double pattern (Linda uses 5# DBs; I used 10# DBs)
- One arm tricep kickback in plank (Linda uses one 5# DBl I used one 8# DB)
- Supermans holding one DB in both hands (one 5# DB)
- Wide to narrow push ups