Low Impact // Full Body HIIT Workout is a short metabolic strength workout from Heather Robertson. I paired it with her No Repeat HIIT Workout with Weights, which is also metabolic, and got an intense total body workout. You just cannot go wrong with a Heather Robertson workout. I loved it, of course. I love all of her workouts.
The structure of this workout is 2 ten minute circuits. Each move is done for 45 seconds and you get 15 seconds of rest before the next move. Just like in her other workouts, you only get music during the actual workout. There is a counter in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, counting down your interval. During the 15 second recovery between exercises, the next exercise is featured in a rectangle in the upper right hand corner of the screen along with a clock, counting down the 15 seconds.
Low Impact // Full Body HIIT Workout is 21 minutes; 1 minute intro. No warm up or stretch. Equipment: light dumbbells. Heather is using 5 pound dumbbells. I used 5, 8 and 10 pound dumbbells. The weights listed in the breakdown below are what I used.
- Squat + Punch (squat and do 1 front punch at top of move, alternate arms) (5# DBs)
- Lunge + Curl (reverse lunge w/ knee raise, bicep curl happens while in lunge and DBs are lowered when raising knee) (10# DBs)
- Repeat #2 on other side of body
- Plank Taps (in straight arm plank, alternate tapping hand to opposite shoulder)
- Star Squats (low impact jacks with a narrow squat between each side, you are arcing the DBs from ankles during the squat then straight out to the sides of your body and up overhead) (5# DBs)
- Repeat #1-5
- 20 second rest
- Push Up Toe Taps (do one push up then tap one foot out to side, tap other foot out to side)
- Side Lunge Press (alternating side lunges with an overhead press between each lunge) (8# DBs)
- Curl + Press Combo (bicep curl into overhead press into overhead tricep extension then lower DBs slowly with straight arms back to sides) (8# DBs)
- Squat Raise Combo (squat with straight arm side raise at top of squat + squat with straight arm front raise at top of squat, alternate) (5# DBs)
- Plank Press Up (start in plank, walk feet into hands/DBs then raise up into deep squat, stand and do an overhead press, squat and place DBs on floor and walk feet back out to plank) (10# DBs)
- Repeat #8-12
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “Low Impact // Full Body HIIT Workout”