Target 10: Glutes is part of Linda @ Barlate‘s Target 10 series. Linda has 3 “Target” series: Target 10, Target 15 and Target 20 and I bought all 3 DVDs. But all of the workouts on all 3 DVDs are also available free on YouTube. Each series contains 10 focused workouts that fall within the title’s time range. Target 10: Glutes contains 10 exercises that “target” your lower body. You are doing each exercise for sixty second intervals with no rest/recovery periods, so the workout is 10 minutes. They are all technically a minute or two longer than 10 minutes but that is because Linda gives a short intro about what to expect and what equipment you need.
This workout was a brutal 10 minutes. Brutal! I do have to mention that I used it as a finisher workout. I started with Linda’s Bodyweight Basics: Lower followed by her Target 15: Squats & Raises and ended with this workout. My lower body was already fried when I started this. I did a lot of whimpering in the course of this short finisher. Since there is no stretch, I returned to Bodyweight Basics: Lower (which I had stopped just before the stretch) and finished with that stretch. Overall it was a very focused lower body workout that worked me hard. I used my new ankle weights (which I love) at 2 pounds and it was almost too much. It might not have been had I come to this workout fresh, but after 45 minutes of Linda beating my lower body up, I was struggling. I made it through tho and now I have weak noodle legs.
Target 10: Glutes is available for free on YouTube or you can purchase her Target 10 Series on DVD which contains 9 additional 10 minute workouts. You can also purchase the download from Linda via her website.
Target 10: Glutes is 12 minutes; 1:40 minute intro, no warm up or stretch. Equipment: ankle weights (Linda is using 2 pound ankles weights) and some type of support (Linda is using the seat of a chair).
- Kneel on floor or mat facing chair seat, palms of hands are on chair seat, open bent leg out slightly to side and push leg out behind you from this position
- Leg is still bent, still raised out slightly to side and pushed slightly behind you, in this position circle leg
- Still in same starting position as #1, lift leg out to side once (hydrant) then push leg back behind you 2x
- Still facing chair seat, lean forward onto elbows/forearms on chair seat, lift leg behind you, knee bent and toe facing the ceiling, bend and straighten leg so toe taps ground
- In same position as #4, knee remains bent with foot flexed and heel facing ceiling, raise and lower bent leg in this position
- Repeat #1-5 on other leg