Low Impact Sculpt & Tone is part of AngieFitnessTV‘s 15 Minutes to Fit Series. Yet another excellent finisher workout. Angie created this series of short workouts as finishers to other longer workouts and even includes 2-3 minute stretches at the end so that they are truly “finishers” to whatever workout preceded it. This workout is metabolic strength training rather than cardio like most of her other 15 Minutes to Fit workouts that I have done so far. I used this workout to finish off Heather Robertson‘s Low Impact Full Body HIIT Workout w/ Weights which is 42 minutes. Low Impact Sculpt & Tone rounded out my hour perfectly with even more total body metabolic strength work! Between the two workouts I had an excellent hour of working out. I burned 446 calories and was in my cardio zone for 50 of those minutes. 5 minutes of my workout was in my peak heart zone and that was all in this workout. So pretty intense for some strength training! Each exercise is done for one minute so you cannot lift super heavy because for some exercises a minute feels like a long time. I wore my 8 pound weighted vest for this workout and used 8 pound dumbbells for most of the exercises just like Angie did, but for a few exercises I grabbed 10 pound dumbbells. I do think that in the future, when my left shoulder is completely healed, I can lift even heavier dumbbells for some of the exercises. I also had my step @ 10 inches.
Low Impact Sculpt & Tone is 18:49 minutes; 45 second intro, 3 minute warm up and 2 minute stretch. Equipment: step bench with additional risers (Angie has 3 risers each side or 10 inches) set up vertically and medium weights (Angie is using 8 pound dumbbells).
- Uneven pulse squats w/ knee raise (w/ DBs on shoulders and one leg on step, one on floor, pulse squat 3x then stand with a knee raise (knee that raises is floor leg)
- Straddle the step and do a squat + double arm overhead press
- Repeat #1 on other side of body
- Stand on the floor facing the step (step is horizontal in front of you) do a front lunge onto the step and pulse 3x while doing 2 hammer curls
- Straddle step with legs in wide plie, do wide plie squats with upright rows at top of squat
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- Holding one DB in both hands, do side to side uneven squats with overhead press when changing sides (start with one foot on floor and one on step holding DB at chest level, squat and stand, as you cross over step to other side do an overhead press and repeat on other side of step)
- Straddle step with legs wide holding one DB in one hand, side lunge while pushing DB down toward foot and at top of lunge do a back row
- Repeat #8 on other side of body
- Stand on top of step, both DBs on shoulders, lower into partial squat and straddle step off and on the step while remaining in partial squat
- Holding one DB in both hands, straddle step with legs wide and toes turned out, wide plie squat and at top of squat do 2 overhead tricep extensions
- Straddle step with inside of legs touching bench, do straight leg deadlifts in this position, hands/DBs frame step at bottom of deadlift
- In plank with hands on step and step lengthwise under you, step one foot forward into lunge beside step, step foot back to plank and do a narrow push up, repeat on other side, continue alternating legs for the lunges with a tricep push up between each side