Heather Robertson just keeps the awesome and intense workouts coming. Full Body Kettlebell Workout // At Home HIIT is another intense metabolic strength workout. She creates some of the very best kettlebell workouts I have ever done. There is no warm up so I used a lighter kettlebell for the first two exercises as a sort of warm up. This workout is done interval style. Each exercise is done for 40 seconds followed by 20 seconds of rest. There are 10 exercises then you repeat the same 10 exercise circuit 2 more times. By the time I got to the end of the first circuit I was working hard, by the time I got to the 3rd circuit my FitBit shows I started spiking into my peak heart rate. So it builds and it gets intense! This workout is done music only–no cuing, you just follow along with Heather. And the music, as always in her workouts, is awesome and motivating. There is a timer in the bottom right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. Heather previews the next exercise during the recovery.
Full Body Kettlebell Workout // At Home HIIT is 34:24 minutes; 45 second intro, no warm up and 3 minute stretch. Equipment: kettlebell(s). Heather is using a 15 pound kettlebell. The kettlebell weights in the breakdown below are what I used.
- Curtsy lunge + single arm overhead press (KB is racked at shoulder when lunging) (12# KB for the first circuit, 15# KB for the last two circuits)
- Repeat #2 on other side of body
- Squat and deadlift combo (deadlift then step out into squat holding KB at chest, alternate sides with a deadlift between each side) (20# KB)
- Side bend and row (hold KB in one hand at side, other hand is behind head, do a side bend, reaching KB toward floor, when you straighten, do an upright row along the side of your body) (15# KB)
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- Plank reach (forearm plank hold with KB on floor in front of you, alternate reaching and tapping hand to top of KB)
- Toe taps (place KB on floor on its side, with hands behind head, alternate hop-tapping toes to base of KB)
- Front swing (25# KB)
- Squat and press combo (hold KB by handle with bell facing ceiling, squat with KB held in front of chest tapping elbows to tops of thighs, when you stand do an overhead press into an overhead tricep extension) (20# KB)
- Ninja hop & press (holding KB handles in both hands, do a squat thrust and when you jump feet back to hands/KB, remain in squat isometrically while bringing KB to chest and pressing it straight out in front of you) (12# KB)
- 30 second recovery
- Repeat 1-11 two more times