Claire Francis of San Fran Fitness has created a series of 21 workouts. Each workout contains 21 moves. Some of the workouts are done on the rebounder and some of them are not. I am only doing the workouts that are done on the rebounder. I am not doing them in the order they were created. Since they are all around 25 minutes, I decided to combine them to create longer workouts and use them as morning workouts. This morning I did this workout followed by Day 13, Weighted Abs. I am now questioning the wisdom of this. I found the two workouts done back to back to be brutal. It kicked my a$$. Between the two I burned 524 calories and spent 23 minutes in my peak heart rate zone.
But let’s talk about this rebounder workout first. All of the Series 21 workouts are made up of one circuit of 7 moves that is done 3 times, so 21 moves. Each exercise is done for one minute. There is a timer in the lower left hand side of the screen counting down each minute. You get a 10 second recovery between exercises. I was working hard during this workout but I did not get gassed out. This is a great cardio core workout. It is a lot of fun. The 7th moves works as a sort of recovery move. Though you are working your core, you are not jumping during move #7. In the future I might do this workout on its own or maybe combine it with an easier workout. Because following this with Day 13, Weighted Abs really kicked my butt.
Day 9 Bounce Fit Abs is 25:37 minutes; no warm up or stretch. I used Ripped with Ripkins‘ Best Rebounder Warm Up & Stretch before the workout and at the end I used Naomi Joy‘s Standing Cool Down Stretch. Most of that stretch can be done on your rebounder if you have a balance bar/T bar.
- Hop with knee raise out to side of body, same side arm pulls down from overhead bringing elbow to thigh
- Repeat #1 on other side of body
- Side hop kicks (remain on one leg), pull arms down from forehead level to hips
- Repeat #3 on other side of body
- Hip twist bounce, keep torso facing forward, arms are raised to shoulder level and move in opposition to hips
- Alternating hopping knee raises, pull arms down from overhead
- Lower into partial squat and do pelvic tilts (no jumping)
- Repeat #1-7 two more times