Claire Francis of San Fran Fitness has created a series of 21 workouts. Each workout contains 21 moves. Some of the workouts are done on the rebounder and some of them are not. I am only doing the workouts that are done on the rebounder. I am not doing them in the order they were created. Since they are all around 25 minutes, I decided to combine them to create longer workouts and use them as morning workouts. This morning I did Day 9 Bounce Fit Abs followed by this workout, Weighted Abs. I am now questioning the wisdom of this. I found the two workouts done back to back to be brutal. It kicked my a$$. Between the two I burned 524 calories and spent 23 minutes in my peak heart rate zone.
The above paragraph also appears in Day 9, Bounce Fit Abs. But now let’s talk about this rebounder workout. All of the Series 21 workouts are made up of one circuit of 7 moves that is done 3 times, so 21 moves. Each exercise is done for one minute. There is a timer in the lower left hand side of the screen counting down each minute. You get a 10 second recovery between exercises. This workout kicked my butt big time. I am not sure what to attribute it to. Day 9 Bounce Fit Abs did work me well, but it didn’t gas me out. So maybe I was already tired and 25 more minutes kicked me over the edge? Or maybe it was the addition of the hand weights. 6 of the 7 exercises in this workout use light hand weights. I started using 2 pound hand weights but when I got to #4, I had to swap them for one pound hand weights. It was burning out my arms and I started having a problem keeping time with Claire. Using lighter weights fixed that and I was still working very hard. Move #7 was much harder than I expected it to be. I did feel it in my core, but more than that–I felt it in my quads. My quads started burning out by the end of that minute! So yes, this workout is more challenging than Day 9, Bounce Fit Abs and the two combined gave me a super intense workout. In the future, this might be a workout I do on its own. With the addition of a warm up and a stretch (see below) that makes it almost 40 minutes.
Day 13 Weighted Abs is 26:14 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Claire is using 1kg or 2 pound hand weights. I used one pound hand weights. I also used Ripped with Ripkins‘ Best Rebounder Warm Up & Stretch before the workout and at the end I used Naomi Joy‘s Standing Cool Down Stretch. Most of that stretch can be done on your rebounder if you have a balance bar/T bar.
- Hop forward and back while swinging arms/DBs forward and back
- Hopping cross taps (tap foot in front of opposite foot, body moves in direction foot is tapping, reaching arms to forehead level and pull them down to hips
- Basic hops with overhead press (when doing overhead press, lean arms/torso to side, 2x each side)
- Twist hop hips side to side, arms are held at shoulder level and move in opposition to hips (legs/feet are kept together)
- Single knee pulls across body, raise arms/DBs overhead and pull arms down across body to leg when it raises
- Repeat #5 on other leg
- Get on hands and knees on rebounder (hands hold rebounder frame, knees on rebounder mat) bounce knees on rebounder 2x, them keep them raised off mat and hold for 2 counts–bounce, bounce, hold)
- Repeat #1-7 two more times
For more info on SanFran Fitness and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
5 thoughts on “SanFran Fitness: Series 21 Day 13, Bounce Fit Weighted Abs”