Another super fun and intense HIIT level cardio workout from Naomi Joy! And it is a pleasure on the eyes, too. Rebounder HIIT Tabata Workout // Advanced Trampoline Workout is set on a beach. The scenery is beautiful. There is some type of sculpture behind Naomi and water and skyline behind that. And it was apparently cold. The people walking on the beach were wearing winter coats. I am sure the cold air felt good to Naomi because her workout definitely made me sweat. This rebounder workout is done a tabata style. A tabata workout is a high intensity interval training (HIIT) workout using the tabata protocol. Tabata circuits are traditionally done in 4 minute blocks: intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery; repeat this 20/10 interval 8 times for a 4 minute tabata circuit. You usually get a short active recovery (30-60 seconds) before moving on to another tabata circuit. But, of course, that is not how this workout plays out. This workout has 2 circuits of 4 exercises. You repeat the first circuit 3 times before you move onto the second circuit. You repeat the second circuit 3 times then you get a short, 30 second break. The finale is repeating both circuits back to back a final time (all 8 exercises). It is intense, varied and lots of fun.
Rebounder HIIT Tabata Workout // Advanced Trampoline Workout is 24:08 minutes; 40 second intro, 3 minute warm up and 3 minute stretch. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down the workout time. There is another timer in the lower left hand side of your screen, counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery Naomi previews the next exercise. This workout is done voice over and set to great, motivating music.
- High knee sprint, alternate punching arms overhead
- Squat jumps with single arm overhead push, alternate arms with each jump (hands are in prayer when you are in a squat)
- Single knee pull hop, chop arms from overhead on a diagonal down past hip of knee that is raising
- Repeat #3 on other leg
- Repeat #1-4 two more times
- Sprint, legs move from wide to narrow
- Lateral ski hops, straight arms reach overhead and pull down to sides in time with hops
- Jack legs, reach arms overhead then pull them down to sides
- Alternating high front kicks, chest fly slightly bent arms in time with kicks
- Repeat #6-9 two more times
- 30 second recovery
- Repeat #1-4
- Repeat #6-9