10 Min Low Impact HIIT Workout is Day 11 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily10, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that she is uploading every day in the month of November. This is another great little finisher workout to add onto the end of another longer strength workout. I added it on after doing one of Naomi Joy‘s total body rebounder workouts and this did an excellent job giving me a little bit of extra metabolic strength work. This isn’t total body strength. Heather alternates low impact cardio exercises with strength exercise. The exercises are all done interval style: 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise. None of Heather’s Daily 10 workouts contain warm ups or stretches so they are great to use as finishers at the end of another workout or you can string several of them together for a longer workout (just make sure you include a warm up and a stretch). I was plenty warm when I came to this after finishing Naomi’s workout. I stopped Naomi’s workout before the stretch and after finishing this workout, I returned to Naomi’s workout so she could stretch me out.
10 Min Low Impact HIIT Workout is 10:35 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and a fitness mat. Heather is using 5 and 10 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Squat & calf raised (holding a light DB in each hand, squat tapping ends of DBs to floor and when you stand, raise DBs overhead while also raising onto toes) (5# DBs)
- Plank toe taps (in forearm plank, alternate tapping toes out to side)
- Side lunge & raise (alternating stationary side lunges, between each lunge do one bent arm lateral raise) (9# DBs)
- Deadlift lunge & curl (one deadlift + one reverse lunge with a hammer curl, alternate legs when doing reverse lunge) (16.5# DBs)
- Star steps (do a narrow squat with hands/DBs by ankles, stand and step out to one side, swinging arms/DBs to side and overhead (jumping jacks arms), alternate sides with a narrow squat between each side) (5# DBs)
- Knee drive (hold one DB in both hands, hinge forward slightly in split stance, extend arms/DB straight in front of you, pull back knee into chest while bringing DB to knee) (one 5# DB)
- Repeat #6 on other side of body
- Push up & leg lift (one push up, at top of push up when in straight arm plank, lift one leg, alternate legs with a push up between each leg)
- Squat & curl (step out squats, alternating sides, while in squat, hold isometrically at bottom of squat and do one double arm hammer curl) (15# DBs)
- Step jack (start standing with legs together and light DBs held at shoulders, alternate stepping one foot out to side then back in, do overhead press in time with legs) (6# DBs)