30 Min Full Body Workout – Dumbbell Circuits is Day 4 in Caroline Girvan‘s Iron Series. This was an excellent and intense metabolic full body workout. I loved the structure of this workout. I not only like the way order she put the exercises in, but I really liked and appreciated the longer recovery between intervals. By the finisher, I was definitely finished! Caroline gives you a longer than usual stretch at the end which was very nice. Since Caroline’s Iron Series workouts are all so short, I will be adding additional finishers to the end of the majority of them (even if I am already finished!) to round out my hour. This morning I used one of Heather Robertson‘s Daily 10 workouts: Low Impact HIIT. That workout hits the shoulders hard–or at least it felt like it did after doing this workout!
This workout has one circuit of 9 exercises that is done 3 times. All of the exercises in this workout are done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of rest. Between each circuit you get 40 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the upper left hand side of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery Caroline previews the next exercise. There is also a little bar at the bottom of the screen that counts down the entire workout time as a percentage.
30 Min Full Body Workout – Dumbbell Circuits is 40:25 minutes; 3 minute intro, no warm up and 5:45 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells, yoga block and fitness mat. Caroline is using 17.5kg/38.6 pound and 10kg/22 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Double arm bent over row (32.5# DBs)
- Static/stationary lunge (25# DBs)
- Repeat #2 on other side of body
- RDL (Romanian deadlift) (40# DBs)
- Chest press (27.5# DBs)
- Push press (overhead press with arms in goal post, use legs to assist in pushing DBs overhead explosively/with power then lower DBs slowly) (20# DBs)
- Heel elevated squat (heels are elevated on yoga block, DBs are held at shoulders) (27.5# DBs)
- Rear step lunge (reverse lunges) (20# DBs)
- Repeat #8 on other side of body
- 40 second rest
- Repeat #1-10 two more times
Finisher: (2 minutes, no rests/recoveries)
- Maker for 40 seconds (start in plank, do one renegade row each arm, jump feet into DBs so you are in squat, do a double arm bicep curl, stand w/ DBs at shoulders, do one overhead press, squat and place DBs on the floor, jump feet back to plank and do one push up) (18# DBs)
- Alternating reverse lunges for 20 seconds (18# DBs)
- Repeat #1 & 2
For more info on Caroline Girvan’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “IRON Series 30 Min Full Body Workout – Dumbbell Circuits | 4”