Rebounder HIIT Workout with Weights / No Talking Workout / Cardio / Core is another intense rebounder workout from Naomi Joy. Though this is a cardio workout, Naomi uses light dumbbells to increase the intensity and give your upper body a little toning. I only used 2 pound hand weights, but by the end my arms and shoulders were burning and fatigued. I loved the structure of this workout. She supersets 2 exercises then you repeat those two exercises then you do a sprint variation. Then you move onto the next superset. Every 5th exercise is a sprint variation. Also, there is no talking until the stretch at the end. The workout is set to great music and you follow along with Naomi in real time. When she takes recoveries that’s when you take recoveries. This workout was intense! I burned 328 calories and spent a total of 15 minutes in my peak heart rate zone. The workout ends with a short core circuit. Because this workout is only 38 minutes and I workout for about an hour in the mornings, I used one of Naomi’s shorter rebounder workouts as a warm up to round out my hour: 15 Minute Trampoline Cardio Workout (it’s actually 18 minutes). Between the two I got an intense 56 minute cardio rebounding workout this morning.
All of the exercises are done interval style. Each exercise is done for 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. There is another timer in the upper left hand corner of the screen counting down the entire workout time minus the stretch. During the recoveries Naomi previews the next exercise. As the title indicates, there is no talking in this workout. Just music as you follow along with Naomi. She does do voice overs during the stretch at the end.
***07/21/22 Update: I just returned to this workout today (still love it) and noticed that the name of the workout has changed on YouTube; it is now called Rebounder Workout with Weights/HIIT Cardio (Follow Along Fitness) Core Finisher). Just FYI.
Rebounder HIIT Workout with Weights / No Talking Workout / Cardio / Core is 38:15 minutes; 65 second intro, 3 minute warm up, 4 minutes of core work and 3:45 minute stretch. Equipment: rebounder and light dumbbells. Naomi recommends 1 to 3 pound hand weights. Naomi is using 3 pound hand weights. I used 2 pound hand weights. You grab your weights at the end of the warm up. The weights are used throughout the entire cardio portion of the workout. So even if I don’t mention the dumbbells in the breakdown, you are holding them.
- Upward press high knee (hop with knee raise, alternate legs, press DBs overhead when raising knee)
- Triceps scissor step (scissor run, arms do hammer curls and press DBs behind you tricep kickback style at bottom of curl)
- Repeat #1 & 2
- Biceps squeeze sprint (sprint with arms extended to the side in a T and held there isometrically, palms facing ceiling)
- L arm knee drive (hopping knee raise, alternate legs, one arm does a straight arm front raise while the other arm is doing a straight arm side raise at the same time, alternate arms–arms raise as knee raises)
- Shoulder burn hip twist (hopping hip twists, arms are extended to the sides in a T and held there isometrically, palms facing the floor)
- Repeat #5 & 6
- Sprint with bicep pump (sprint, arms are bent at 90 degrees at side, palms facing the ceiling, alternate pushing DBs forward )
- Hamstring curl/high bicep curl (alternating hamstring curls, arms are raised to shoulder level in front of you, bend elbows so you are doing a high hammer curl, arms remain at shoulder level the entire interval)
- Triceps & knee kick (one knee raise + one front kick (same leg), alternate legs, arms do hammer curls and press DBs behind you tricep kickback style at bottom of curl)
- Repeat #9 & 10
- High V kicks (front kick runs, arms are extended overhead in a V and held there isometrically entire interval)
- Upper back pull (basic bounce, arms are raised to shoulder level and extended in front of you, palms facing ceiling, open arms to side in a T, return arms to front, then pull elbows behind you with arms close to sides)
- Double punch kick (2 front kicks same leg, alternate legs, front punch with opposite hand each time you kick)
- Repeat #13 & 14
- Upward press sprint (sprint, alternate punching arms overhead)
- Cactus jack (jumping jacks with goalpost chest fly arms)
- Skier with triceps (lateral ski hops, arms do hammer curls and press DBs behind you tricep kickback style at bottom of curl)
- Repeat #17 & 18
- Sprint with arm circles (sprint, arms are extended to sides in a T, draw small circles with DBs)
Set hand weights aside for a 60 second cool down bounce w/ arm stretches
Core: (4 minutes; Naomi shows modifications for some of the exercises)
- Lower abs V (lay on back on rebounder, arms hold rebounder frame above head, draw a large V with straight legs)
- Single leg stretch (lay on back on rebounder, head/shoulders raised, alternate pulling one knee into chest while extending other leg straight, hands hold knee when it is at chest)
- Lower abs tailbone curl (lay on back on rebounder, arms hold rebounder frame above head, raise straight legs to ceiling, lifting hips into reverse crunch then lower straight legs until they are in line with hips)
- Core burn hold (lay on back on rebounder, head/shoulders raised, arms raise overhead with biceps in line with ears, legs are extended straight at 45 degrees, hold this position isometrically entire interval)