This is a workout from Caroline Girvan‘s CGX app. For more info on Caroline’s App, see the CGX App page.
This was a shoulder burner! It contains a staple exercise of shoulder press that you will repeat a total of 3 times. By the third time I had to drop to lighter weights because my shoulders couldn’t manage the 25s anymore! I stacked several CGX workouts together this morning for an hour long upper body strength workout. I started with 6 Minute Push Ups, then I did this workout and I ended with Just the Triceps. My upper body is definitely feeling it!
The exercises in this workout are done interval style: 60 seconds of work followed by 30 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the upper right hand side of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery Caroline previews the next exercise. There is also a little bar at the bottom of the screen that counts down the entire workout time as a percentage.
‘All Heads’ Shoulder Workout is 22:25 minutes (this time does not include the optional 5:53 minute warm up) and a 1:55 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and a fitness mat. Caroline is using 10kg/22 pound and 4kg/8.8 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Rear delt fly with palms facing down (8# DBs)
- Rear delt fly with palms facing behind you (8# DBs)
- Partials w/ palms facing behind you (only lift DBs halfway into delt fly before lowering) (8# DBs)
- Shoulder press (arms are in goal post) (25# DBs)
- Lateral raise (8# DBs)
- Momentum lateral raise (raise DBs with power) (10# DBs)
- Partials (lateral raise but only lift the DBs halfway) (8# DBs)
- Repeat #4 (25# DBs)
- Frontal hammer raise (straight arm front raise with palms facing each other) (10# DBs)
- Frontal overhand raise (straight arm front raise with palms facing floor) (8# DBs)
- Arc raise (straight arm front raise w/ palms facing each other, at top of raise, curve/arc DBs toward each other so that bells almost tap) (8# DBs)
- Repeat #4 (22.5# DBs)
Finisher: (90 seconds; no rest/recoveries)
- Slow lowering lateral raise for 60 seconds (straight arm side raise, raise at normal speed but lower very slowly) (8# DBs)
- Rep it out for 30 seconds (straight arm side raise done to a brisk pace) (8# DBs)