Full Body Weights Express is the final workout on one of Linda Wooldridge‘s Barlates workout DVDs that contains three 20 minute workouts. That review is also going up very soon. But since Full Body Weights Express is also offered for free on YouTube, it gets a separate post. And this was an excellent workout. It is a short but intense metabolic strength workout hitting just about every muscle in your body and in only 16 minutes. The workout time is 21 minutes but that includes Linda’s intro and the stretch at the end. I loved this workout! A winner and one I will be returning to but I will also be pairing it with another workout when I do. In spite of being very intense, I still felt like I needed more when I had finished.
Full Body Weights Express 21 minutes w/ a 1 minute intro and no warm up; 3:30 minute stretch. Equipment: one medium set and one heavy set of dumbbells. Linda used 5kg (10 pound) and 7kg (15 pound) dumbbells. I used 8, 15 and 20 pound dumbbells. The set up is 16 exercises. Each exercise is done for 50 seconds with 10 seconds of rest between exercises. This workout was tough and was obviously wearing Linda out–she was working hard and breathing hard! So was I! Listed below are the weights Linda used and the weights I used for each exercise. If I just list the weight, I used the same as Linda.
- Clean and press burpee (15# DBs)
- Lunge w/ wood chop (one 15# DB)
- Repeat #1 & 2–#2 on other leg
- Bicep curls to overhead press (15# DBs)
- One arm row in low lunge w/ other hand on ground (Linda used one 15# DB, I used one 20# DB)
- Repeat #4 & 5–#5 on other side of body
- In plank, do a one arm row, bring DB forward then fly the DB to side (Linda used one 10# DB, I used one 8# DB)
- Lower one DB to ground beside one foot then twist and push DB overhead other side of body (one 15# DB)
- Repeat 7 & 8 on other side of body
- Side plank hip dips while pressing one DB to ceiling (like a one arm overhead press while in side plank) (Linda used one 10# DB, I used one 8# DB)
- Tuck ups (set two DBs on floor about hip distance apart, C-sit torso, hands behind you and thrust legs to one side of DBs, between DBs and to other side of DBs)
- Repeat #10 on other side of body
- Repeat #11 pattern except this time split legs around each DB when you thrust your legs toward it but still thrust both feet between DBs