I know I said I was canceling Cathe Live. And I did! But then shelter in place happened and gyms were forced to close. In spite of this, Cathe continues to create her Cathe Live workouts. Except it is just Cathe, all by herself! I am a huge Cathe fan already but this really meant a lot to me so I decided that if I watched the trailer for her Live workouts that she does by herself and they look like something I will enjoy, I will just buy the download and do it. Total Body Fit looked awesome from the trailer so that’s what I did. Fortunately/unfortunately Cathe always has coupons to save money when you purchase from her site but in order to use those coupons you have to make a minimum purchase. So…. I bought 2 additional Cathe Live workouts I was interested in but did not have time to do during my recent 2 months of Cathe Live. So at least 2 more Cathe Live workout reviews will be posting at some point in future. Maybe more if she keeps doing Lives by herself that appeal to me.
Cathe is always a beautiful woman but I found her adorable during this workout and just loved having her all to myself. She made me smile many times in the course of this workout–much more than she ever does in her other live workouts or DVD workouts. It did feel like she was talking directly to me.
#290 Total Body Fit is an excellent total body strength workout. It was not her most challenging strength workout (thought it did challenge me) but she hit every muscle group and worked them well. Of course, one way to make it more challenging is to increase the amount of weight used. Unfortunately, my shoulder is really bothering me lately so I had to be conservative on certain exercises. But in the future when (if…) my shoulder is better, I can lift heavier. And, of course, this workout was so thoroughly enjoyable that I know I will return to it more frequently than others.
You can do Cathe’s live workouts by subscribing to her streaming site or purchasing the individual downloads. Here is a video clip of this workout.
Total Body Fit is 56 minutes; 6 minute warm up (you use the resistance tube for the warm up) and 2:15 minute stretch. Equipment: step @ 10 inches, a barbell, dumbbells and resistance tube. She has the barbell set to the weight she needs for squats at the beginning of the workout.
- Barbell Squats, single, pulses and partial reps (Cathe is using 25# BB; I used 40# BB)
- Squat Toss (transfer one DB from hand to hand as you squat) (Cathe is using one 10# DB)
- Uneven pulse squats (with one foot on step and one foot on the floor, pulse squat 3x then cross over step to other side and repeat; changes to pushing 2x before crossing over step) (Cathe is using one 10# DB; I used one 15# DB)
- Push press (start standing with barbell in front of thighs, holding BB in overhand grip, pull BB up as if doing an upright row then change grip at chest level so BB is resting on palms while also squatting then do an overhead press, repeat squat with overhead press 2 more times then lower BB to chest, returning hands to overhand position as you lower BB back to thighs) (Cathe is using 25# BB)
- Upright rows; changes to shrugs (Cathe is using 25# BB)
- Clean and press (same as push press but you do not repeat the squat w/ overhead press) (Cathe is using 25# BB)
- Continue to alternate #5 & #6
- (hold resistance tube in front of you with both hands gripping tube (not the handles) with about 18 inches between hands) Lateral sumo squat walks while pulling band open as you squat
- Hold tube in both hands, palms facing the ceiling and about a foot of tube between hands, keeping elbows close to sides, pull band out to sides, first slow then fast reps
- Loop band under one foot and hold both handles in one hand, keeping arm close to side do single arm bicep band curls
- Barbell bicep curls to various tempos including isomeric holds (Cathe is using 25# BB)
- Plie squats, single and partial reps, even an isometric hold at the end (Cathe is using 25# BB; I used 40# BB)
- Step ups (keeping one foot on step, tap other foot on step beside it, then step that foot back down to floor into a narrow lunge) (Cathe is using 12# DBs)
- Wide sumo deadlift (Cathe is using 15# DBs; I used 20# DBs)
- Lying overhead tricep extensions (skull crushers with a BB) (Cathe is using 25# BB)
- Pullovers (Cathe is using 25# BB)
- Close grip chest press (Cathe is using 25# BB)
- Repeat #4-6
- Crab kick dips (with hands on step behind you, knees bent and feet on floor, do a tricep dip then lift one foot and tap opposite hand to foot, alternate sides)
- Fast tricep dips
- Stand with legs wide and one DB in both hands and held overhead, lean torso and DB side to side (Cathe is using one 10# DB)
- Leg shooters (sit on edge of step, hands gripping edges of step behind you, push legs out then bring knees into chest to a fast pace)
- Lay back on step, knees bent and legs raised with ankles crossed, hands are behind head and head/shoulders raised, do fast reverse crunches in this position
- Still laying back on step, one leg is extended straight a few inches off the ground, other leg is extended straight to ceiling, head/shoulders are raised and arms are reaching along side, from this position, pulse/crunch up once, then twice, then 3 times, then 4 times
- Barbell deadlifts to various tempos (Cathe is using 40# BB; I used 70# BB)
- Stationary lunges (Cathe is using 15# DBs)
- Side/Crossback/Side Lunge Combo, alternate legs (Cathe uses one 15# DB)
- Bench press (lay back on step with knees bent and raised and ankles crossed) (Cathe is using 35# BB tho she says she should have left the BB @ 40#)
- Close grip bench press (Cathe is using 35# BB)
- Push ups
- Deadrow, starts with one row then changes to 3 rows then changes to 7 rows, repeat this sequence 3x (Cathe is using 35# BB; I used 40# BB)
- Pullovers with partial reps (Cathe is using 15# DBs)
- Sit on floor, loop tube around feet then cross band, holding one handle in each hand, do T pulls, singles and pulses, ends with an isometric hold
2 thoughts on “Cathe Live: Total Body Fit”
Looks like with all those coopens that Cathe is a bit of an enabler with your workout hoarding 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person