My ability to workout has been rather limited due to shoulder surgery. I ride my recumbent bike and put together my own strength workouts to work my lower body and my right upper body. I also do some walking workings by Jessica Smith and AngieFitnessTV while wearing an arm sling. Then Heather Robertson posted this workout. It’s short and a quick view showed me I would not have to modify anything. Only one hand is actually needed to hold onto a wall for balance. This is a nice little add on lower body workout or something to use in the middle of the day for a little bit of extra lower body work. I used my EnriQ medium tension booty band and it did an excellent job making sure I felt every exercise.
This workout is made up of 5 exercises. Each exercise is done for 30 seconds with a 10 second rest between each exercise. After you complete the 5 exercise circuit, you repeat it one time. This workout is filmed in usual Heather style–all great music and no talk. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the 10 second recovery, Heather previews the next exercise.
Standing Side Booty (Hip Dip) Workout is 10 minutes; no warm up or cool down. The only equipment needed is a booty band–the stronger the booty band the harder you will work that booty. The booty is around your thighs for the entire workout.
- Squat and remain in squat while tapping toes out to side (alternate doing one tap on each side before standing)
- Standing hydrant, right leg
- Repeat #2 on left leg
- Sweep kick, right leg (sweep one straight leg out to side then across/in front of other leg)
- Repeat #4 on other leg
- Wall sit clamshell (with back against wall, lower into a squat with feet close together, holding the wall squat, open and close knees while keeping feet together)
- Side step squat (remain in squat and step side to side)
- Repeat #1-7