Low Impact No Jumping HIIT Workout is yet another excellent workout from Heather Robertson. She created this workout back in March 2020. I am not sure why it took me so long to finally do it. This is a total body metabolic strength workout. I used it as a finisher after an upper body strength workout and it did a great job finishing off my upper body and giving me some nice calorie burn. It is another one of her workouts that not only works you well but feels so good while you’re doing it. This workout is done interval style. Each exercise is done for 45 seconds followed by 15 seconds of recovery. There are 2 circuits and each circuit is repeated once. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and your recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise. It looks like Heather is using 5 pound dumbbells for this workout. Light dumbbells are appropriate for most of the exercises. I used heavier for a few of the exercises (noted in the breakdown below), but some of these exercises are deceptive. In Circuit 2, the Marching Press (#5), just looking at it, I thought I could lift heavier dumbbells but even 5 pounds started to burn my arms out!
Low Impact No Jumping HIIT Workout is 24:23 minutes; 30 second intro, no warm up and 3:30 cool down/stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and a fitness mat. It looks like Heather is using 5 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Lunge & front press (stationary alternating side lunges, when changing sides, push both DBs out straight in front of you) (5# DBs)
- Sumo squat & back squeeze (with palms facing forward, do a wide sumos squat, arms/DBs are between thighs, when you stand, raise arms/DBs to shoulder level then pull elbows into ribs) (5# DBs)
- Stationary lunge with double arm bicep curls (10# DBs)
- Stationary lunge (other leg) with Arnold press (8# DBs)
- Star steps (with palms facing forward, do a narrow squat with hands in front of shins, stand and step out to one side, swinging arms/DBs to side and overhead (jumping jacks arms), alternate sides with a narrow squat between each side) (5# DBs)
- Repeat #1-5
30 second recovery
- Squat & kickback (hinge forward and do one double arm tricep kickback then step out to side into a squat, alternate sides with a tricep kickback between each side) (8# DBs)
- Deadlifts & knee drive (deadlift and when you stand do a hammer curl + a knee lift, alternate legs with a deadlift between each knee lift) (10# DBs)
- Bear push ups (do one push up, at top of push up (when in straight arm plank), step feet in under body then back out to plank)
- Reverse crunch press up (hold one DB in both hands, do a reverse crunch holding DB at chest and pushing straight legs into air overhead while also pushing DB up to feet, when you roll back up, come to sitting with legs in a wide V and press DB overhead) (one 8# DB)
- Marching press (butt kicker marches with alternating overhead press–press up opposite arm as leg kicking butt) (5# DBs)
- Repeat #1-5