Extreme Lean Legs Bootcamp // Strength & Toning is another excellent and tough lower body workout from Heather Robertson. This workout contains 8 exercises. Each exercise is done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of recovery. Each exercise is also done 3 times before you move onto the next exercise. Heather does the exercises at a slow and controlled pace. This gives you the opportunity to lift heavier and really get the most out of this workout. I was definitely working hard during this workout. Because it is only 37 minutes, I finished this workout off with one of Caroline Girvin‘s short workouts: 15 Minute Hardworking Hamstring / RDL Dumbbell Workout. Between the two workouts my lower body is completely fried.
Extreme Lean Legs Bootcamp // Strength & Toning is 37:20 minutes; 35 second intro, 2:30 minute warm up and 3 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and a mat. Heather is using one 40 pound dumbbell and a set of 25 pound dumbbells. I also suggest having a towel or small mat to protect your hips on the last exercise–if you are using a heavy dumbbell that is. Heavy dumbbells tend to grind into my hip bones so I use a small kneeling mat (it looks like a miniature yoga mat). There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down your intervals and recoveries. Heather previews the next exercise during the recovery.
- Sumo squat (one 45# DB)
- Repeat #1 two more times
- Cossack lunge (holding one DB in both hands goblet style, do side lunges but the straight leg is rotated so heel is on floor and toe is raised to ceiling) (one 30# DB)
- Repeat #3 two more times
- Repeat #3 & 4 on other side of body
- Sumo deadlift (deadlifts with legs wide and toes turned out) (35# DBs)
- Repeat #6 two more times
- Alternating reverse lunges (20# DBs)
- Repeat #9 two more times
- 30 second rest
- Goblet squat (one 40# DB)
- Repeat #11 two more times
- Kickstand (single leg deadlift, in split stance, back leg is non-working leg–toe is on ground for stability) (one 35# DB)
- Repeat #13 two more times
- Repeat #13 & 14 on other leg
- Curtsy & squat (alternating curtsy lunge with a narrow squat between sides, holding DB goblet style) (one 25# DB)
- Repeat #16 two more times
- Glute bridge (lay on back, knees bent and heels on mat, DB on hips, raise hips and pulse hips up once before lowering them) (one 35# DB)
- Repeat #18 two more times
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
4 thoughts on “Extreme Lean Legs Bootcamp // Strength & Toning”
I did this one a couple days ago using around the same weights as you and holy cow, my inner thighs were sore the next day! I think Heather said something like “lift heavy and you’ll really feel this one” … She was right! 😁
LikeLiked by 1 person
I definitely felt it! My triceps are still feeling the love from Heather’s Arm Toning & Strength workout I did yesterday!