Tone Arms // Tabata with Weights is an awesome little upper body finisher workout from Heather Robertson. This is one of her older workouts, too. I started combing through her workout library recently, looking for ones I had somehow missed. I am surprised at how many of her workouts I overlooked! Anyway, as the title indicates, this workout is done tabata style: 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. You cycle through 6 different exercises 3 times using this 20/10 interval style. Choose the right weights and, if you use this as a finisher after another upper body strength workout like I did this morning, then you will definitely finish off your workout nicely.
Tone Arms // Tabata with Weights is 10:06 minutes; one minute intro, no warm up or stretch. Equipment: dumbbells. Heather did not reveal the weight of her dumbbells but they looked like 10 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. Heather previews the next exercise during the recoveries.
- Tricep press (overhead tricep extension) (one 25# DB)
- Arnold press (18# DBs)
- Curl + press (bicep curl into overhead press) (16.5# DBs)
- Row + kickback (bent over double arm row into a tricep kickback) (13# DBs)
- Delts combo (one straight arm front raise + one bent arm side raise) (9# DBs)
- Shadow box (alternating front punches) (5# DBs)
- Repeat #1-6 two more times