Mini Trampoline HIIT// Advanced Trampoline Workout/ Cardio Tabata is another super intense rebounder tabata workout from Naomi Joy. I was working very hard. I felt like my heart rate was definitely spiking in the course of this workout but when I looked at my FitBit afterward, it showed me staying in my cardio zone the entire workout. High in my cardio zone, but still. Sometimes I just don’t trust that thing. This workout definitely felt super intense to me! Naomi set this cardio workout outdoors. She has flowers behind her, water with sailboats docked behind that and a gorgeous cityscape beyond that.
This rebounder workout is done a tabata style. A tabata workout is a high intensity interval training (HIIT) workout using the tabata protocol. Tabata circuits are traditionally done in 4 minute blocks: intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery; repeat this 20/10 interval 8 times for a 4 minute tabata circuit. You usually get a short active recovery (30-60 seconds) before moving on to another tabata circuit. But, of course, that is not how this workout plays out. This workout has 2 circuits of 4 exercises. You repeat the first circuit 3 times before you move onto the second circuit. You repeat the second circuit 3 times then you get a short, 30 second break. That’s twenty-four 20/10 circuits. The finale is repeating both circuits back to back a final time (all 8 exercises).
Mini Trampoline HIIT // Advanced Trampoline Workout/Cardio Tabata is 23:16 minutes; 3 minute warm up and 2:45 minute stretch. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down the total workout time (not counting the stretch). There is another timer in the upper right hand side of your screen, counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery Naomi previews the next exercise. This workout is done voice over and set to great, motivating music.
- Squat jacks
- Lateral ski hops, reach arms in front of you and pull elbows back behind you (arms are close to sides)
- Alternating front kicks, arms are extended in front of you and raised to forehead level, scissor the arms
- High knee run, legs alternate wide to narrow
- Repeat #1-4 two more times
- Squat jumps (2 to the front, 2 to the side, 2 to the front, 2 to the other side)
- Single knee hop-pull, raise arms overhead to side and pull them down to opposite thigh when knee raises
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Wide leg front kicks (legs kick out on a diagonal) with alternating front punches
- Repeat #6-9 two more times
- 30 second rest
- Repeat #1-4 & #6-9