10 Min Booty Band Workout is Day 13 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily 10 series, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that she uploaded every day in the month of November. This workout is lower body burner! I used my medium wide cloth band. It was appropriate for some of the exercises; others really required my heavy band but 10 seconds is not enough time to swap out bands. But I needed the medium because for some of the exercises (#5-9) a heavy band would have been impossible (for me). Even the medium band was burning my legs out for those exercises! This is a great little lower body finisher workout to add on to the end of any workout. I did this after doing one of Naomi Joy‘s intense tabata rebounder workouts with lots of squat jumps–so my lower body was well warmed up when I came to this workout.
10 Min Booty Band Workout is 10:44 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: fitness mat and booty band/resistance loop. The exercises are all done interval style: 30 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
- Glute bridge (lay on back, knees bent and both feet on mat close to glutes, booty band is around thighs above knees and thighs are open wide enough that there so there is tension on the band, raise and lower hips)
- Leg drop (same position as #1, hands are on mat at sides, elevate and extend one leg straight, raise and lower hips as you did in #1 but when hips are raised, leg is raised to ceiling, when you lower hips, lower straight leg so it is a few inches off the mat)
- Repeat #2 on other side of body
- Bridge & knee pulse (keep hips raised isometrically in bridge and pulse knees out against band)
- Clamshell & kick (lay on side, both knees are bent, bottom knee is on floor and both feet are raised with insoles pressed together, from this position, open top knee (keeping insoles together) then kick top leg to ceiling, bend knee bringing insoles together again and close knees, feet remain elevated the entire time)
- Side lift (still laying on side, bottom knee is bent and top leg is extended straight at 45 degrees (so both knees are in line w/ each other), raise and lower top straight leg)
- Rear leg lift (get on all 4, extend one leg straight behind you and pulse leg upward)
- Kick combo (still on hands and knees, open bent leg out to side in hydrant then lift bent leg behind you, pushing sole of foot to ceiling, alternate these two kicks)
- Repeat #5-8 on other side of body
- Squat (booty band is still around thighs above knees, stand with legs wide enough so that there is constant tension on the band)
- Squat & toe tap (lower into partial squat and hold isometrically, alternate tapping toe out to side)
- Squat & calf raise (same position as #10, at top of squat raise onto toes while pushing straight arms behind you)