10 Min HIIT Strength & Cardio Workout is Day 30 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily 10 Series, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that Heather uploaded every day in the month of November. This is a great little cardio + strength finisher workout. I used it to finish off Naomi Joy‘s 30 Min Strength & Cardio Interval Workout and this did a perfect job adding the finish touch to that workout. Between the two I got an excellent total body metabolic strength workout. In this short workout Heather does not isolate any small muscle groups; she works all of the large muscle groups (chest, back and lower body), so all of the smaller muscle groups assist–which means everything is worked. Plus, lots of cardio in this one. An excellent little finisher! The exercises are all done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
10 Min HIIT Strength & Cardio Workout is 11:33 minutes; no warm up or stretch. The last minute is actually Heather talking. Equipment: dumbbells and a fitness mat. Heather is using 5, 10 and 20 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Squat (25# DBs)
- Squat jumps
- Push ups (Heather is holding DBs, which is a great way to get added depth in a push up as long as you are using heavy/large enough DBs)
- Criss-cross jacks (arms are raised to shoulder level and cross in front of you when feet cross)
- Lunge & drive (alternating reverse lunges with a knee raise at top of lunge) (16.5# DBs)
- Side lunge hops (alternating side lunges with a shuffle-hop when changing sides)
- Bent over row (at bottom of row palms face behind you, when you pull DBs up, rotate them so palms face each other at top of row) (30# DBs)
- High knee run
- Speed skater (lateral skaters, reach one hand down toward foot while in cross-back lunge)
- Burpee (full burpee with push up)