Toned Arms Workout / No Equipment / Upper Body Workout / Shoulders, Back & Core is body weight strength workout from Naomi Joy that focuses on the upper body, though there is some core work in it, too. It has 2 circuits. The first circuit is really just part of the warm up, but my arms started burning near the end of it. The second circuit is where the real work happens. Naomi hits everything using just your body weight. I still feel the burn in my back, which I absolutely love. And the next day, my triceps were sore. This is an excellent workout to use as a finisher after another workout. You could even use it as a warm up for another upper body workout. This morning I started my workout with one of Naomi’s rebounder tabata workouts. Then I did this workout and I finished everything off with her 20 Min Full Body Stretch. It was an excellent workout session. But if you only have 20 minutes then this is a great workout to do on its own.
Toned Arms Workout / No Equipment / Upper Body Workout / Shoulders, Back & Core is 20:56 minutes; 45 second warm up and 2 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. There is a timer in the lower left hand corner of the screen, counting down total workout time, not counting the stretch. There is a timer in the upper right hand corner of the screen counting down intervals and recoveries. Naomi previews the next exercise during the recoveries. She also shows easier modifications for many of the exercises in circuit 2.
Circuit 1: (each exercise is done for 20 seconds, no rest/recoveries)
- Extend arms out to sides in a T and draw fast small circles
- Arms are still extended to sides in a T, push arms behind you, with each push back you change hand position–alternate palms forward and palms backward
- Arms are still raised to shoulder level but bring them in front of you, elbows bent and arms pressed together from elbows to palms, in this position push arms upward
- Hinge forward at the hips, knees bent, arms extended straight behind you and close to sides, palms face the ceiling, push straight arms upwards
- Extend arms overhead and on an angle in front of you, palms face downward, do small scissor moves with straight arms, alternating which hand is on top
- Straight arms are still extended overhead on an angle, alternate pulling one elbow behind you
- Repeat #1-3
- Repeat 5 & 6
15 second rest
Circuit 2: (each exercise is done for 50 seconds followed by 10 seconds of rest)
- Dolphin plank (in forearm plank, push hips back into dolphin pose then return to forearm plank)
- 3 pulse push up (lower to bottom of push up and pulse 3x before pushing back to straight arm plank)
- Wide leg plank chest tap (in straight arm plank with legs wide, alternate tapping hand to opposite shoulder)
- Upper back extension (lay on stomach on mat, arms are extended at sides close to body, raise head/chest and hold isometrically, arms pulse upward to ceiling, alternate palms facing ceiling with palms facing the floor)
- Tricep push up (lay on side with knees bent, bottom hand is holding top of ribs, top hand is on mat in front of chest, do a side lying single arm tricep push up in this position)
- Side plank (in straight arm side plank, reach top arm overhead and pulse arm behind you, alternate palm facing forward with palm facing behind you)
- Repeat #5 & 6 on other side of body
- W pull down (lay on stomach with arms extended in front of you, raise arms/chest, hold and pull elbows behind back, push arms in front of you again)
- Side plank w/ pull down (in side elbow plank, reach top arm overhead then pull elbow down behind back)
- Repeat #9 on other side of body
- Tricep push ups (sit on bottom on mat with knees bent and feet on floor, hands on mat behind you, raise hips so you are in crab/reverse table top, pulse up and down, only bending at the elbows)
- Straight arm burn out (sit cross-leg on mat, extend arms out straight to sides in a T, pulse arms up and down, palms facing the floor)
For more info on Naomi Joy Fitness and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
6 thoughts on “Toned Arms Workout /NO EQUIPMENT/ Upper Body Workout/ Shoulders Back & Core”
What a great finisher workout!! I did this after doing a Pilates workout by nobadaddiction and it was the perfect complement. ☺️ She looks like she genuinely has fun with her workouts so I’m super excited to start rebounding!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I agree–this is one of the best short body weight upper body workouts I’ve done. She does a thorough job in a short amount if time.
I didn’t realize that Naomi did non-rebounder workouts! I’m putting this one on my to-do list so I can start getting a feel for her in anticipation of Santa bringing me the rebounder I have on my Christmas list … 😁😁😁
Today I did Day 50 of Caroline’s Epic III. It was the Cardio Party I told you about a couple days ago. It wasn’t bad. I mean, I always go into her cardio stuff knowing it’ll be a big challenge. But at 30 min length it’s handleable. She does it in a pyramid format so there aren’t a lot of exercises. Burpees definitely make an appearance but she spaces them out. I added Heather’s Day 12 Back and Day 16 Abs which were both excellent. I just love those short finishers and will definitely put many of them on repeat.
Yes–Naomi recently started creating non-rebounder workouts. She has uploaded 9 non-rebounder workouts since the beginning of October. I’ve done/reviewed 7 of them so far. I did Heather’s Day 12 back finisher this morning, too, after doing EPIC 3 Day 2 Upper Body workout. My upper body was already pretty fatigued from that workout. Day 12 finished frying my back! I’ll probably post that review tomorrow. I have done several of her Daily 10s that I haven’t posted the reviews for yet.