Tabata HIIT Cardio Workout / Advanced Rebounder Workout is another short but intense HIIT workout from Naomi Joy done on your rebounder. During the intro Naomi explains that the point of a tabata HIIT is to work hard enough during the 20 second interval to be out of breath by the end of the interval. Two things to keep in mind to get the most out of this workout: push down into the rebounder (this means you shouldn’t be bouncing high) and bounce as fast as you can. Do not try to keep time with the music. Mission accomplished for me! I was sucking air from the very beginning! In addition to giving me an intense cardio workout, I felt this workout in my core and it was also a leg burner. Naomi set this workout outdoors on a wooden board walk in front of a very cool mirrored sculpture called “Eyes On the Street.” The sculpture is built in a body of water called False Creek, which is actually an inlet in Vancouver, Canada.
This rebounder workout is done a tabata style. A tabata workout is a high intensity interval training (HIIT) workout using the tabata protocol. Tabata circuits are traditionally done in 4 minute blocks: intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery; repeat this 20/10 interval 8 times for a 4 minute tabata circuit. You usually get a short active recovery (30-60 seconds) before moving on to another tabata circuit. This workout is done a little differently. This workout has 4 circuits of 2 exercises. You repeat each circuit 3 times before you move onto the next circuit. That equals twenty-four 20/10 intervals in a row. Only then does Naomi give you a 30 second rest before the finale, which is repeating all 8 exercises. Thirty-two 20/10 intervals! This is an intense workout!
Tabata HIIT Cardio Workout / Advanced Rebounder Workout is 23:03 minutes; 45 second intro, 2:30 minute warm up and 3:20 minute stretch. There is a timer in the upper right hand corner of the screen, counting down the workout time. There is another timer in the lower left hand side of your screen, counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery Naomi previews the next exercise. This workout is done voice over and set to great, motivating music.
- High knee run, tap finger tips under thighs as they raise
- Double hip twist hops, arms are raised to shoulder level, bend elbows in opposition to hips
- Repeat #1 & 2 two more times
- Fast hopping single knee pull, reach arms overhead and bring them down to knee when it raises
- Repeat #4 on other leg
- Repeat #4 & 5 two more times
- Shallow squat hop + kick one leg out to side while punching arms overhead, alternate sides when kicking
- Squat jumps
- Repeat #7 & 8 two more times
- Alternating front kick runs with large arm circles
- Lateral ski hops, arms are raised to shoulder level in a T, end elbows bringing hands to chest in time with hops
- Repeat #10 & 11 two more times
- 30 second rest
- Repeat 1 & 2, 4 & 5, 7 & 8, 10 & 11