10 Min Arm Toning Workout is Day 6 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily 10, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that Heather uploaded every day in the month of November. This is a great little upper body finisher workout. Use it to finish off another upper body workout or a total body workout. Heather manages to hit every upper body muscle group in this workout and there are no repeats. The exercises are all done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
10 Min Arm Toning Workout is 10:26 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: fitness mat and dumbbells. Heather is using 5, 10 and 15 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Push ups (Heather is doing tricep push ups)
- Underhand row (bent over double arm row, palms facing forward) (25# DBs)
- Inchworm jack (stand at one end of mat, hinge forward and walk hands out to plank, do one push up, walk hands back to feet, stand and do one jumping jack)
- Scapular squeeze (hold DBs in front of thighs with palms facing in front of you, extend arms out to sides in a T then pull elbows behind ribs, push elbows back out to a T then lower both arms in front of body, palms still facing forward) (7# DBs)
- Swing & press (hold one DB in both hands at chest level, do one overhead press, when DB is overhead hinge torso forward, keeping legs straight and swing DB down close to floor, raise torso, swinging DB overhead again then complete overhead press, bringing DB back to chest) (one 20# DB)
- Push back push up (one push up then push glutes back to heels, keeping knees elevated off floor)
- Bicep rotation (start in hammer curl, raising DBs until the are at shoulders, when you lower DBs open arms out to sides with palms facing ceiling, reverse motion back to start) (15# DBs)
- Tricep kickback (alternate arms) (13# DBs)
- Curl, press & twist (hammer curl into overhead press, when doing the overhead press, rotate torso to side, alternate sides) (15# DBs)
- Ninja hop combo (start in straight arm plank with a DB in each hand, do one renegade row each arm, jump feet to hands so you are in a deep squat, remain in deep squat while doing a double arm hammer curl, place DBs on floor again and jump feet back to plank) (15# DBs)
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
2 thoughts on “DAY 6 // THE DAILY10: 10 Min Arm Toning Workout”