15 Min Mini Band Booty and Thigh Workout // Glute Activation is a short but tough lower body finisher workout from Naomi Joy. It is the perfect length to tack onto the end of another workout, which is how I used it this morning. I did Naomi’s Full Body AMRAP Workout and finished with this. My legs were already fried from that workout so this really finished them off. Naomi uses a thick fabric elastic booty band, which I also used. It is around your thighs just above your knees the entire time. The workout starts with standing exercises then moves to mat based exercises. The final mat exercises at the very end is where the torture really starts. And Naomi gives you very little rest between exercises. Oh, the burn!
Each exercise is done for 40 seconds followed by a 5-10 second break. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery Naomi previews the next exercise. There is another timer in the lower left hand side of the screen counting down the total workout time not counting the stretch.
15 Min Mini Band Booty and Thigh Workout // Glute Activation is 16:56 minutes; 40 second intro, no warm up and 1:15 minute stretch. Equipment: fabric booty band and fitness mat. Optional: chair for balance. Workout starts with booty band around thighs just above knees.
- Basic squat (stand with legs wide so there is tension on the band)
- Side step (lower into squat and side step 3 steps in each direction)
- Squat to leg lift (lower into squat and when you stand do a side leg lift)
- Glute pulse (raise leg to side and pulse up against band)
- Repeat #3 & 4 on other side of body
- Low squat pulse out (hold squat isometrically while knees pulse out against band)
- Wide bridge (lay on mat with knees bent and heels pressing into mat, knees are open wide, lift and lower hips)
- Hamstring bridge pulse (start in same position as #7 but move feet further away from glutes so there is only a slight bend in knees, with heels pressing into mat, raise hips and hold isometrically while pushing knees out against band)
- Single leg bridge (same position/exercise as #7 but lift one leg and keep it raised and extended straight through interval)
- Repeat #9 on other side of body
- Straight leg extension (get on hands and knees, extend one leg out straight behind you, raise and lower straight leg)
- Straight leg pulse (same position as #11, but keep leg raised at top of lift and pulse leg upward)
- Donkey kick (still on all 4s, lower to forearms, raise and lower bent leg behind you, pushing sole of foot up to ceiling)
- Donkey kick pulse (same position as #13 but keep leg raised at top of lift and pulse foot upward)
- Repeat #11-14 on other leg