No Equipment Arms Workout is a body weight strength workout from Heather Robertson for your upper body. It’s short (only 15 minutes) but she warms you arms and shoulders up very nicely before starting, and even gives you a short stretch at the end. Heather does a nice job hitting all of your upper body muscles in a short amount of time. This would be a great travel workout and you could also use it as a finisher at the end of another workout. This morning I used it as a warm up before doing a dumbbell upper body workout. This did a great job warming up my entire upper body while also giving me some additional strength work. The exercises are all done interval style: 30 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews your next exercise.
No Equipment Arms Workout is 14:50 minutes; 35 second intro, 2:55 minute warm up and 1:30 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat.
- Pike push up combo (do one regular push up then walk hands back so you are in pike and do one pike push up)
- Laying tricep press (lay on side with legs extended straight, bottom hand is holding top shoulder, top hand is on mat in front of chest, do a side lying one arm push up in this position)
- Repeat #2 on other side of body
- Prayer pulses (in high kneeling on mat with palms and forearms pressed together in front of body, push arms upward)
- Walking plank & tap (in straight arm plank, tap one hand to opposite shoulder, repeat with other hand, lower to forearms then return to straight arm plank)
- Super V squeeze (lay on stomach with arms extended in front of you, raise arms and legs in superman, hold and pull elbows behind back, push arms in front of you again then lower hands/legs)
- Cross punch combo (2 cross punches with same arm + punch both arms overhead while raising onto toes + 2 cross punches with other arm)
- Repeat #1-7