Yay! A new rebounder workout from Naomi Joy! I was so excited when it posted today that I swapped out the doubles workout that I already had planned/scheduled for this afternoon (which was one of Naomi’s other older rebounder workouts) with this one. 30 Min HIIT Trampoline Rebounder Workout (Follow Along) is a no repeats cardio interval workout and it is tons of fun. Though it is no repeat, some of the moves are kind of repeated–but when they are, they done differently. For example, you do tuck jumps twice but once it is slow squat to tuck jumps, and the second time it is just fast tuck jumps–no squats. It was intense and one of her more advanced workouts. According to my FitBit I burned 250 calories. And as usual, Naomi included an excellent, feel good stretch at the end.
I love Naomi’s workouts and I have missed them! Rebounding with Naomi this afternoon was an excellent way to end my work week and welcome in the weekend. This workout is set in the beautiful outdoors of Vancouver, Canada on a boardwalk with the water and cityscape to the right of Naomi. At the end of the workout she shares that it is Olympic Village.
This workout is done interval fashion: 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the upper left hand side of the screen, counting down the total workout time. There is another timer in the lower right hand side of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. As the title indicates, you follow along with Naomi. She is doing the workout right along with you in real time. During the recovery a video appears in the upper left hand side of the screen previewing the next move. There is no talking until the stretch at the end; just follow along with Naomi as she rebounds to great, motivating music. However, she does give form pointers in the form of graphics popping up the screen. The stretch at the end is done voice over.
30 Min HIIT Trampoline Rebounder Workout (Follow Along) is 36:25 minutes; one minute intro, 3 minute warm up and 4:20 minute stretch.
- High knee sprint
- Lateral ski hops to single, single, double pattern, straight arms raise overhead and push down in front of you and behind you (remaining straight the entire time)
- Double scissor runs
- Single knee raise (bring opposite elbow to knee each time it raises)
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- X or star jumps (jump high, opening legs wide while also pushing arms overhead so that body forms an “X” at top of jump)
- Tuck jumps landing in squat
- Double hip twist hops
- Monkey (wide leg high knee run–legs are wide, knees are turned out to sides, arms are open to sides in goal post, bringing elbow to same side thigh when it is raises while other arm pushes overhead)
- One knee raise + one front kick (same leg) (reach arms overhead and push them down to frame leg as it raises)
- Repeat #10 on other side of body
- High knee run alternating legs wide to narrow
- Fast tuck jumps pushing arms overhead as you jump (you are not landing in squat like you did in #7)
- Double wide knee raises, hands are behind head, bring opposite elbow to knee when it raises (2 knee raises same leg, alternate legs)
- Squat jumps
- Front kick high knee runs w/ jumping jack arms
- Turbo bounce (fast wide leg basic bounce, arms reach forward and pull back in time with hops)
- Single leg side kick with side punch (same arm punches as leg that is kicking)
- Repeat #18 on other side of body
- Alternating heel dig hops, arms open and close in front of you at chest/shoulder level with palms facing down, arms are straight when in front of you and bend when they open to pull elbows behind you
- Lateral ski hops punching both arms in front of you in time with hops
- Squat jacks with a single arm front punch when in squat, alternate arms when punching
- Single leg knee pull with legs wide, hands are stacked, reach arms over opposite shoulder then chop hands down to knee is it raises
- Repeat #23 on other side of body
- High knee run for final 3 minutes
- (cool down moves/not timed) Shift hop side to side; add large arm/shoulder circles
- Basic bounce reaching one arm overhead and to the side, alternate arms