16 Min Booty Band Workout is another fun little add on workout from Michelle Briehler. This one focuses on the lower body using a booty band or resistance loop. Use the right band/loop strength for your fitness level, and this will do a nice job finishing off your lower body. I used a thick cloth elastic loop (booty band) for all of the exercises, medium resistance. I did try my strongest band but that was too much for me for most of the exercises. The rubber resistance loops were causing some of Michelle’s background exercisers some issues (rolling up then cutting into their bare skin). Thankfully cloth booty bands do not do that. I used this as a finisher after a total body strength workout, so this gave my legs and glutes a little bit of extra work.
This workout is done interval style: 45 second of work followed by 15 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the lower left hand corner of the screen, counting down your intervals and recoveries. There is also a little bar in the upper right hand corner of the screen that counts down the entire workout time as a percentage.
16 Min Booty Band Workout is 18:56; 40 second intro, no warm up and 1:20 minute stretch. Equipment: booty band/resistance loop and a fitness mat. Optional chair for balance.
- Lower into partial squat, band is around calves, walk 2 lateral steps side to side
- Raise band above knees, lower into a squat and hold for 3 seconds
- Lower band to calves again, lift and lower one straight leg behind you, pausing briefly at top of lift
- Repeat #3 on other leg
- Raise band above knees, lower into squat and raise onto toes, hold this position while pushing knees out wider against band
- Get on all 4s, band is under one knee, pinning it to ground, leg is bent at 90 degrees, push foot up to ceiling keeping knee bent at 90 degrees, pause briefly at top of push
- Repeat #6 on other leg
- Lay on back, band is above knees, knees are bent with soles of feet together and knees open, lift hips into bridge and open knees wider then lower hips
- Repeat #1-7
- Repeat #8 but instead of taking a 15 second recovery, keep hips raised and knees open wide–hold for 15 seconds