25 Min Total Body Workout // Supersets is and intense total body strength workout from Heather Robertson. She packs a lot into 25 minutes! Most of the strength exercise are compound move sthat works the entire body in a single exercise. This limits the weight of dumbbells you can use. But even with lighter dumbbells I was wearing out by the end of the supersets My legs were really feeling it during the last superset! The exercises are all done interval style: 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
25 Min Total Body Workout // Supersets is 30:10 minutes; 2:30 minute warm up and 2:30 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and fitness mat. Heather is using 10 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Deadlift row combo (lower into deadlift and hold at bottom, do one double arm back row, stand and do one upright row) (15# DBs)
- Cross & press (stand with legs wide and a DB in each hand, hinge forward keeping legs straight and reaching one DB toward opposite foot, stand and do one single arm overhead shoulder press, alternate sides) (15# DBs)
- Repeat #1 & 2 two more times
- Push up climber (in straight arm plank, do one push up then bring knee to same side elbow outside of body, repeat on other leg)
- Pull over & kick out (lay on back with legs raised and bent at 90 degrees, hold one DB in both hands raised to ceiling, do one pull over with DB while also pushing legs out straight in line with hips) (one 30# DB)
- Repeat #4 & 5 two more times
- 30 second rest
- Shuffle jack (stand at one end of mat, lateral shuffle the length of the mat and do one jumping jack)
- Crab dance (in crab, raise one leg to ceiling while reaching for toe with opposite hand, alternate sides)
- Repeat #8 & 9 two more times
- Tick tock lunge & curl (forward lunge + reverse lunge on same leg, alternate legs, do one bicep curl at the bottom of every lunge) (15# DBs)
- Jump squat & jack (alternate one jump squat with one jumping jack)
- Repeat #11 & 12 two more times
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.