Bounce Intervals: Singles & Doubles is intense! Linda @ Barlates has created yet another winner with this workout. It wore me out! I was working so hard. I have now done all of the rebounder workouts Linda has created. At least at this point in time. Hopefully she will continue to create more of them since I am obsessed with rebounding. Like the other workouts in her Bounce Intervals Series, this workout consists of 20 exercises. Each exercise is done for 70 seconds then you get 10 seconds of rest before moving on to the next exercise. Singles and doubles refers to the structure of the workout. There are 4 blocks of 5 exercises. For each block you will do an exercise on one side of the body then you will repeat the same exercise on the other side of the body then you will do it on both sides of the body (doubles). But that’s not all! Before moving on to the next block you will do the exercise again on one side of the body but this time Linda increases the intensity by doing it partially on the floor (one leg on the floor and one on the rebounder), and again, it is repeated on the other side of the body. That equals five 70 second intervals in each block. It is exhausting. According to my FitBit I was in my peak heart rate zone 55% of the workout! I burned nearly 300 calories! That is a big burn for a 30 minute workout (for me at least–everyone’s fitness level is different). This workout seemed to wear Linda out, too! None of the moves are complicated or hard to preform but 70 seconds is a long time, especially if you are giving it your all. Then, of course, the addition of the light hand weights kicks it up a notch. An excellent but exhausting workout! This is primarily intense cardio but you are also conditioning your lower body and your arms/shoulders.
There are several ways you can do Bounce Intervals: Singles & Doubles. It is available on DVD along with 3 other Bounce Intervals workouts, you can buy a Bounce Series Box Set which contains 3 DVDs/12 rebounder workouts (which is what I did), you can purchase it via download from Linda’s website and it is also available for free on YouTube. I have now done all of Linda’s Bounce Intervals workouts. My favorites are this one and Cardio. I liked Total Burn but didn’t love it and I didn’t care for Up & Down at all.
Bounce Intervals: Singles & Doubles is 32:30 minutes; 2 intro, no warm up and 4 minute cool down/stretch. Equipment: rebounder and light hand weights. Linda is using 1kg/2 pound hand weights. Linda is always doing something with the hand weights, even when it isn’t mentioned in the breakdown.
- Cross jacks (you are crossing the same leg in front and same arm in front for the entire interval)
- Repeat #1 w/ other arm and leg crossing in front
- Cross jacks alternating which leg/arm is in front
- Start with one leg on the rebounder and one on the floor, hop on rebounder leg while bringing floor leg up to cross in front of rebounder leg
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- Single knee raises w/ a hop, pulling arms/DBs from overhead down to knee
- Repeat #6 on other leg
- Alternating knee raises with a hop, pulling arms/DBs down from overhead
- One leg is on the rebounder, the other is on the floor, do a hop on rebounder with a knee drive, tapping foot on floor between each knee pull hop
- Repeat #9 on other leg
- Hop while kicking one leg straight to side on a diagonal
- Repeat #11 on other leg
- Hop while doing alternating straight leg kicks on a diagonal
- One leg is on the rebounder and one is on the floor, do a narrow squat then come up with a small hop on the rebounder while doing a straight leg lift to the front with floor leg
- Repeat #14 on other side of body
- Hop while bringing one foot up across behind you, tapping heel with opposite hand
- Repeat #16 on other side of body
- Repeat #16 & 17 but you are alternating sides
- Start with one leg on the rebounder and one on the floor, do a squat then hop on rebounder leg while bringing floor leg up to cross behind rebounder leg
- Repeat on other side of body