BodyFit by Amy is a new-to-me YouTube trainer and I love her! I discovered her shortly before my shoulder surgery and did quite a few of her 10 minute kettlebell workouts (and loved them). I went through a period where I was doing so many new-to-me YouTube workouts that it was just too overwhelming to blog them all but now when I want to return to them I get confused because, well, I didn’t blog them! So I am trying to remedy some of it. When I am able to do her kettlebell workouts again I will blog them. But until then, I can do her low impact cardio HIIT workouts. I have done her short 12 minute one several times and it is an excellent little workout that I will eventually create a blog post about.
This longer workout is similar to her 12 minute low impact HIIT but with different exercises, so if you wanted a longer low impact workout you could combine the two and there would be no repetition. This an interval workout. Each exercise is done for 45 seconds with 15 seconds of rest. Amy gives ways to make the workout easier if it is too advanced for you. I did things to make it more intense, especially since on some of the exercises I am limited to only using one arm. I wore a weighted vest, ankle weights and a weighted glove on my right hand (nothing on my left due to recent shoulder surgery). With these additions, I got an intense little cardio workout that I really enjoyed. I used this in combination with 2 other workouts to give me an (approximately) hour long workout. I started with Linda @ Barlate‘s Target 15: Weighted Upper followed by her Target 10: Squats & Lunges to work my lower body and ended with this workout. According to my FitBit I was actually in my peak heart rate for 8 minutes of my workout and looking at the graph of my hour, all of the red is during this workout, so it did spike my heart rate!
25 Minute Low Impact Cardio HIIT is 26 minutes; 1 minute intro, 2 minute warm up and 1:30 minute cool down/stretch. Amy shows modifications of the moves if they are too advanced for you. She was not using any equipment but I wore a weighted vest, ankle weights and a weighted glove to increase intensity.
- Squat + knee raise bringing opposite elbow to knee when it raises
- Repeat #1 on other side of body
- Uppercuts; the last 15 seconds do them fast while also peddling the feet (or just do fast feet which is what I did)
- Rear lunge + knee raise (same leg lunging and raising)
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- Alternating cross punches
- More cross punches but this time one arm punches high and the other arm punches low
- Side lunge into a side knee lift, bringing same side elbow to knee as it raises
- Repeat #8 on other side of body
- Alternating front jabs; changes to fast front jabs
- One minute recovery
- Repeat #1 & 2 but the last 15 seconds of the interval, remain standing and just do fast knee pulls
- Repeat #3
- Repeat #4 & 5 but the last 15 seconds remain standing and do fast knee pulls only
- Repeat #6 but the last 15 seconds are done faster
- Repeat #7
- Repeat # 8 & 9 but the last 15 seconds remain standing and just do fast knee pulls
- Repeat #10 but the last 15 seconds do them fast while also peddling the feet (or just do fast feet which is what I did)