20 Minute Tabata Bounce Fit is another fun cardio workout from SanFran Fitness. This rebounder workout is done tabata style and it does get a bit intense but not super intense. I would not consider this an advanced level workout. A tabata workout is a high intensity interval training (HIIT) workout using the tabata protocol. Tabata circuits are usually done in 4 minute blocks: intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery; repeat this 20/10 interval 8 times for a 4 minute tabata circuit. You usually get a short active recovery (30-60 seconds) before moving on to another tabata circuit. Claire does not do them that way. You run straight through 40 20/10 intervals with no breaks other than 10 second breaks. If this were true tabata, that would not be possible. Still, give each exercise your all and you will still get an excellent cardio workout. I enjoyed it. According to my FitBit, in 24 minutes I burned 179 calories.
20 Minute Tabata Bounce Fit is 24:19 minutes; 1 minute warm up and 3 minute cool down/stretch. Each exercise listed below is repeated/done two times back to back.
- Hop forward and back
- Single leg side kick
- Repeat #2 on other leg
- Hop with legs together while doing speed bag arms
- Fast feet run
- Single cross body knee raise, bring opposite elbow to knee when it raises
- Repeat #6 on other side of body
- Cross jacks
- Pendulum legs while swinging arms side to side in time with legs (this was so much fun!)
- Hamstring curls done to single, single, double pattern, swing arms side to side in time with legs
- Split jack (jack legs, one arm swings forward while other arm swings to side)
- Single leg insole taps (tap insole with opposite hand)
- Repeat #12 on other side of body
- 180 jump turns with bow and arrow arms
- Double hip twist hops
- Double bounce quarter turn hops with genie arms (center, left, center, right)
- Basic bounce with alternating jab (one each arm) + alternating hook (one each arm)
- Single leg cross knee pull, chopping arms across hip when knee raises
- Repeat #18 on other side of body
- Power jumps (fast squat jumps)
For more info on SanFran Fitness and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “SanFran Fitness: 20 Minute Tabata Bounce Fit”
Thank you once more for trying this workout out. Glad you got a good cardio session.
LikeLiked by 1 person